Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koby

'Basilisk: Kouga Ninpouchou' Receives Sequel Series

10 posts in this topic

5eMFhSh.jpgAn official website has opened on Wednesday announcing that the Basilisk series will receive a sequel manga and an accompanying TV anime adaptation titled Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou. The manga will be based on Masaki Yamada's sequel novel of the same name. Yamada will also write the manga with illustrations by Tatsuya Shihira, and will begin its serialization in the 34th issue of Weekly Young Magazine on July 24. The sequel will center around two elite ninjas of the Kouga and Iga clan, named as Hachirou and Hibiki, respectively.

Fuutarou Yamada has written the first novels of Basilisk in 1958 and 1959 as Kouga Ninpouchou (The Kouga Ninja Scrolls). It has been adapted into several live-action, manga, and anime series. Masaki Segawa drew the novel's 5-volume manga adaptation and was serialized in Young Magazine Uppers from February 2003 to June 2004. Kodansha Comics USA has released all volumes of the manga digitally in English in 2014. Studio Gonzo produced a 24-episode anime adaptation in 2005. In the same year, the manga has also inspired a live-action film titled Basilisk: Shinobi Heart Under Blade.

Official anime site: http://basilisk-ouka.jp/
Official anime Twitter: @basiliskouka

3 people like this

This is gonna be awesome. A shame no one from the last series can return in this one. XP

1 person likes this

Get ready for another season of total cast annihilation. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Inverti said:

Get ready for another season of total cast annihilation. 

I'm looking for 720p version of Basilisk which release some you recommend 

Wasn't there already a manga sequel called The Yagyu Ninja Scrolls?

5 hours ago, Nabull said:

I'm looking for 720p version of Basilisk which release some you recommend 

I too wonder what the best release in general is idc if it's 720p or 1080p, I have Philosophy-Raws version but considering how god awful the BDs look I was wondering if it's really worth the space/if there's a dual audio DVDrip that's better

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

I too wonder what the best release in general is idc if it's 720p or 1080p, I have Philosophy-Raws version but considering how god awful the BDs look I was wondering if it's really worth the space/if there's a dual audio DVDrip that's better

I'm looking to get this in good quality myself. I had downloaded them and burnt them on dvd in my early days back on cartoon world which they were around 80mb. I would love to watch them again in good quality. Also good anime and never thought it'll be getting a sequel but hey its awesome it is.

Edited by blackblades

The live action movie sounds interesting

Basilisk was one of the best depiction of ninjas in anime.