What are your Thought on the THOR: RAGNAROK Trailer

Dervell

After Thor 2 let almost everybody down, this certainly looks like a step up. Hulk is my favorite comic book character of all time, so seeing what he's been up to since Age of Ultron instead of waiting for Infinity War is awesome. Really can't wait to see this movie.

Spoiler

And I'm sure there are people wondering why a Thor movie has elements of Planet Hulk instead of it all being part of a solo Hulk movie. For those not in the know (or are too lazy to do research), unfortunately Universal still retains the movie rights to the Hulk and characters associated with him. So, after the 'failure' of 2008's The Incredible Hulk, Universal only lets Marvel Studios use him for ensemble movies, hence why he showed up in past Avengers movies (and a cameo in Iron Man 3). That's when MS and Disney used that loophole and are having Hulk show up in Thor Ragnarok. 

Also, I've seen complaints where people wonder where Hulk and Thor were during Civil War. Aside from the mockumentaries titled 'Team Thor', Thor and Hulk themselves were in different events during the first Civil War in the comics anyway. Hence, Thor dealt with preventing Ragnarok while Hulk was sent to space before CW happened and then the events of Planet Hulk followed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree in regards to it appearing to be a step up from Thor 2, but I also have some personal concerns in regards to the instance of Marvel, ie Disney to potentially oversaturate many of its flagship cinematic characters in more than three sequels. However,  I  also understand this is the progression towards the Infinity War.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah yeah, 'Asgardians of the Galaxy' jokes aside, I think it's established Thor Ragnarok is colorful and silly as it is because that's what the director, Taika Watiki or something, uses that kind of style in his previous movies. That, and he purposely made references to Jack Kirby artwork, which are colorful and 'weird' at times, rather than copy GotG. 

Edited by Predaking-117

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...