• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Spacecreepkitan said:

I'm not so sure it's underrated, it apparently did well but whenever I talk about Koe no Katachi nobody knows what I'm talking about, I absolutely adore this film, the story, characters, animation, all of it.

Maybe try using the name it's most known as: A Silent Voice. =P

That's the problem often, is people know something by one name, but most anime have more than one way of saying it.

Like "Is it Wrong to try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" is also known as "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" or simply "DanMachi" for short.

But in terms of A Silent Voice, many people actually claim it's better than Your Name., despite Your Name. being one of the most popular anime movies in more than a decade. Even the creator of Your Name. said he felt A Silent Voice was the better film.

• Like 1

Well maybe that is the problem :P I tend to refer to movies by their native titles rather than translated ones not to mention I think it also goes by the title "The Shape of Voice" (which is better sounding and also a better translation I think), for whatever reason I don't usually do that for series though -_- Still I think even people who do know about it shy away from it due to it's themes, it seems like one of those slow sad films but really it's paced masterfully imo... I've still not seen Your Name but yeah I'm still gonna say Koe no Katachi is the better film. 

Edited by Spacecreepkitan

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, Spacecreepkitan said:

I'm not so sure it's underrated, it apparently did well but whenever I talk about Koe no Katachi nobody knows what I'm talking about, I absolutely adore this film, the story, characters, animation, all of it.

Yeah I really enjoyed that along with Your Name. I love all of Shinkai's works. The art is just magnificent and I usually love the stores too. I hate how discussion for great anime films always is just Ghibli this and Miyazaki that. Honestly I'm not even that big on most of them and feels like they end up overshadowing much better films, in my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Bugs Life.

Some underrated Disney films are films Treasure Planet, Dinosaur, The Black Cauldron, Brave Little Toaster,etc.

OMG the Brave Little Toster scarred me for life! I watched when I was very little. That air conditioner scene! It is good though...

HAHA i saw this after.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:59 PM, MartasZLA said:

A Bug's Life for me.

Edited by ksr91