Nintendo Switch

Dervell

And I just got confirmation from BestBuy that my preorder just shipped. It'll be in my hands on Friday!! And from reading some of the earlier reviews, it looks like it was a good decision for me to get the Pro controller (with the $25 discount). Now, my biggest dilemma is how I can turn my Gray Joy-cons into the Neon colored set without paying more money...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deanzel said:

And I just got confirmation from BestBuy that my preorder just shipped. It'll be in my hands on Friday!! And from reading some of the earlier reviews, it looks like it was a good decision for me to get the Pro controller (with the $25 discount). Now, my biggest dilemma is how I can turn my Gray Joy-cons into the Neon colored set without paying more money...

I am wondering the same thing about my Gray Joy-Cons, if you find an answer, please let me know

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Ah yessssssss. Look at all those perfect Zelda reviews rolling in. 98 on Metacritic. I can't wait for my "Zelda-machine" to arrive tomorrow. Sucks that I have to wait so long after launch to find a game worth playing on my Switch...

It's almost time. Only one day remains...

3PYJcpM.jpg

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PhantomKnight said:

I am wondering the same thing about my Gray Joy-Cons, if you find an answer, please let me know

Fuck it. I'm gonna go lineup at a Best Buy tonight before midnight to try to nab a Neon colored Switch since they're doing midnight openings. I already have a class that goes until 10PM anyway, so I'll just be out for a bit longer :P

If I can grab a Neon colored one, I'll definitely just sell my Gray one coming in tomorrow for a little bit of a profit. If they only have Grey colored ones available, I still might get an extra one to sell. Who knows. I think it's an ok plan... Plus, I'll at least get a free Zelda poster :P

Edited by deanzel

DAAAAAANK. Lined up outside my Best Buy for an hour while it was blizzarding and got a ticket for a Neon colored Switch. Gonna pick up my Zelda and pro-controller there as well. Then I'm gonna sell my Gray one that is getting shipped in tomorrow to offset some of the costs. Not too bad a night.

ZELDA TIME!!

1 hour ago, deanzel said:

DAAAAAANK. Lined up outside my Best Buy for an hour while it was blizzarding and got a ticket for a Neon colored Switch. Gonna pick up my Zelda and pro-controller there as well. Then I'm gonna sell my Gray one that is getting shipped in tomorrow to offset some of the costs. Not too bad a night.

ZELDA TIME!!

Nice, but I will just keep my gray one as its no big of a deal for me, but enjoy botw and your switch

Set up my baby Switch and played Zelda which is f'n amazing (and kind of much harder than previous versions). Gotta get used to all the new shit. I like the joy-cons so far, but I definitely prefer playing with the Pro-controller over the joy-cons/grip. I keep accidentally hitting the R button on the joy-con due to it being a bit smaller/more cramped which causes me to throw away my weapon in Zelda every time, so I'm gonna probably stick with trying to play most of it on the pro-controller (a great purchase).

Zelda is beyond amazing. Just played for a few hours and got no where (in a good way).

Now, time to start hitting up the friend codes!! Hit me up!!

FC: SW-1553-4057-0525
username: deanzel (not sure if this matters)

EDIT: Also, anyone got good recs for Switch cases? I didn't pick one up last night but will need one soon. Want the best for my baby!

EDIT2: Well dang!! Talk about a 360. I got my Gray Switch in a little bit ago and I think that I actually prefer that color over the Neon one that I got last night. The Neon colors are just a bit too bright and the gray setup matches my with my dock and room better. It also looks less obnoxious when I'm holding it out in the wild. Looks like it's gonna be a switch-a-roo and I'm selling the Neon colored one instead :P

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, deanzel said:

Set up my baby Switch and played Zelda which is f'n amazing (and kind of much harder than previous versions). Gotta get used to all the new shit. I like the joy-cons so far, but I definitely prefer playing with the Pro-controller over the joy-cons/grip. I keep accidentally hitting the R button on the joy-con due to it being a bit smaller/more cramped which causes me to throw away my weapon in Zelda every time, so I'm gonna probably stick with trying to play most of it on the pro-controller (a great purchase).

Zelda is beyond amazing. Just played for a few hours and got no where (in a good way).

Now, time to start hitting up the friend codes!! Hit me up!!

FC: SW-1553-4057-0525
username: deanzel (not sure if this matters)

EDIT: Also, anyone got good recs for Switch cases? I didn't pick one up last night but will need one soon. Want the best for my baby!

EDIT2: Well dang!! Talk about a 360. I got my Gray Switch in a little bit ago and I think that I actually prefer that color over the Neon one that I got last night. The Neon colors are just a bit too bright and the gray setup matches my with my dock and room better. It also looks less obnoxious when I'm holding it out in the wild. Looks like it's gonna be a switch-a-roo and I'm selling the Neon colored one instead :P

Gonna add you, I'm CrazyNight on the Switch & your right I am enjoying the Gray Switch as well, Glad I cancelled The Neon one I found on Amazon Prime Now

My Friend Code: SW-8110-5189-0724

Edited by PhantomKnight
  • Like 2

Oh baby. I know exactly why this thread went dead as all hell right after the Switch released. All of us Switch owners have been far too consumed with playing Zelda BotW this entire time :P

After resurfacing for a little bit, I gotta say that I'm just in love with my Switch so far. I love the versatility of it being a portable handheld (although not too much battery life for Zelda) and when I can dock my baby and play Zelda on the big screen. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the joycons, but they do a good job when connected to the system in handheld mode. I much prefer to game on my Pro controller which is legit one of the best controllers that I've ever used. Great feel, balance, weight, very large face buttons, and with a 40 hour rechargeable battery to boot. So dank. I highly recommend picking one up.

I was finally able to get a case for my Switch today (got the official Hori case) and also picked up some amiibos while I was at it. In particular, I got the pretty rare Guardian amiibo which is dirty as all hell. This is my first time using/buying amiibos and I may be slightly hooked... NFC reader works great on the joycons and on the Pro controller.

If you're looking for accessories, cases, pro controllers, and Zelda BotW amiibos, I highly suggest checking out Toys R' Us. They have a ton of shit in stock. I previously drove all over the place to Best Buys, GameStops, Walmarts, etc, and they all had squat. If you've got a TRU near you, check them out for Switch stuff because I don't think anyone else does :P

I also picked up Bomberman R because I had an extra $5 coupon expiring on top of my BB GCU, and I've played it a bit. It's aight. I'll try some online multiplayer later this weekend. Can't wait for the Splatoon demo to go live in like 10 days and then for Mario Kart 8 to arrive at the end of April.

• Like 2

I've been holding off buying the Switch because of money and time, but it's been really hard with all the Zelda reviews out, and after playing one at my mate's place the other night.

Had a lot of fun playing 1-2-Switch with some friends, and Super Bomberman R. Then I watched them play Zelda for a bit...

Pretty sure I'll be getting one soon :D

• Like 2

Mother of God... I just found out that you can shoot out the classic projectile beams from the Master Sword if you're at full health and use the Right Shoulder throwing button on it. Instead of throwing your weapon/Master Sword, you will send out the projectile beams. It has pretty good range and power, and apparently the range increases with your number of hearts. Why was this buried in some obscure tip and never brought up by any websites or users (I think)? It is a hunting game changer and will save me hundreds of arrows!! Also, it is OP in taking out Guardians from afar without using any ammo/durability.

Did anyone else completely miss this feature of the Master Sword so far?

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 2