Is this laptop good enough to run GTA 5?

ChoeyXD

Well I got a 960M, and I can tell you right now that you would need to play most newer games at medium or low settings @ 1080p. If you want good performance either get a 970M or get one of those newer 1060 or 1060 GPUs in a laptop. 960M is only good for casual games such as Dota 2, LoL, CS:GO, Overwatch etc.

970M is roughly the same performance as my GTX 680 on my desktop PC, and that is kinda a sweet spot for 1080p. Most games at high or ultra settings is possible with decent framerates.

Why do people try to game on laptops? Just build a tower that will run everything and usually costs significantly less than one of these gaming laptops.

My current tower can run most modern games on high or ultra with a stable 60 FPS. Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Rise of the Tomb Raider, for some examples. And it's actually several years old now, with a new GTX 1060 I got a couple months ago.

I second NeutralHatred. Gaming laptops are extremely expensive. You'd be much better off building yourself a tower desktop PC for a nice budget (less than the gaming notebooks) and much better performance/hardware. 

Also the GTX 1060 is lit dope! It beats the 970 easily (not all variations though but it does beat the 970s while keeping cost down). Get a nice i5-6500 in addition and 16 gigs DDR4 and you are good to go :).

8 hours ago, BDXL said:

I second NeutralHatred. Gaming laptops are extremely expensive. You'd be much better off building yourself a tower desktop PC for a nice budget (less than the gaming notebooks) and much better performance/hardware. 

Also the GTX 1060 is lit dope! It beats the 970 easily (not all variations though but it does beat the 970s while keeping cost down). Get a nice i5-6500 in addition and 16 gigs DDR4 and you are good to go :).

Well some people sadly can't buy a tower due to traveling around a lot or they need a multi purpose machine for like school.

Where I live importing PC Components takes forever and could possibly be stolen in customs due to the corruption around the place. So laptops are better for me in the case of its flat out easier to get into where I live.

Still the tower would already beat the laptop into a hole. 

17 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Why do people try to game on laptops? Just build a tower that will run everything and usually costs significantly less than one of these gaming laptops.

My current tower can run most modern games on high or ultra with a stable 60 FPS. Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Rise of the Tomb Raider, for some examples. And it's actually several years old now, with a new GTX 1060 I got a couple months ago.

Some prefer the mobility of a laptop, and would argue that the ability for them to game on the go is worth the premium price they are paying for it.