Fairly Odd Parents New Season

audri15

Fairly Oddparents hasn't been any good since Season 5 ended way back in 2006.  From what I've seen of it since then it's become far too dependent on pop culture references and reducing characters to one or two traits.  Even worse are the characters they added.  It was bad enough when they added the baby, which outwore it's welcome far too quickly, but then they added the dog who no one likes, and now they're adding another new character?  If it wasn't clear before, the series has officially run out of new ideas.  Which is really sad, since it used to be my favorite Nicktoon.

• 2 years later...

I don't actually mind the new character very much, and I feel like she adds some interesting elements to the show... though I do wish they hadn't changed the theme song. The fairy-sharing should have been an issue solved by the end of the season... I think the best way of handling that would have even been to have Poof (and Sparky) live with Chloe while Cosmo and Wanda stay with Timmy. That creates an excuse for Chloe and Timmy to hang out frequently and grow together as friends without having a lot of the awkward moments that hurt the pacing for the season. Additionally, the crew made a serious mistake in reducing the previous supporting cast to background cameos (at best).

tl;dr: Chloe adds an interesting element to the show which wasn't utilized to its greatest potential and it really isn't that character's fault that the show tanked, but that a slew of other mis-steps were taken along the way. Truth is, both this season and the one before it reek of conflict behind-the-scenes.

• 1 month later...