Should Energy Drinks be banned

Pacific85

Why would you ban energy drinks? You'd just have a riot of red bull junkies beating down your doorstep to repeal that shit. People on the side of energy drinks use them and get shit done, what's wrong with that? If it were up to me everything'd be legal and man would be responsible for himself. We already saw that prohibition doesn't work with alcohol.

tumblr_na23pndiBY1s1uj0qo1_250.gif\\

*crushes 2 red bulls and slams the cans against forehead*

• 2 months later...

When it comes to anything food based I think there needs to be more education in general. While they should not ban anything because at the end up the day it does come down to personal choice people need to better understand what they are putting into their bodies, and of course on top of that everyone reacts differently to different things. I have had people tell me that they buy fruit punch or juice because it is better for their kids then a soda or energy drink when it really isn't

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think they should be banned, yes people abuse them cause they want the rush and don't care what it could be doing to their bodies but people abuse coffee too and I never hear any talk of regulating that. I personally won't touch them, but that is because I get my energy from eating the proper foods.

• 7 months later...

Banning something is not the way to solve the problems caused by it & to be honest, I don't think that energy drinks cause any serious health issues except "Insomnia" & "Obesity" when used continuously for long time, though I don't use them.

I prefer coffee over energy drinks as they contain lower doses of caffeine plus they are perfect for a student like me.

If someone develops tolerance to low levels of caffeine & have a huge work load then it's absolutely not wrong for them to use energy drinks & then there's physical & mental exercises which can deal with Obesity & Insomnia.

So, I think that they shouldn't be banned but lowering the doses of caffeine in them would be a different story.

No. I don’t think banning them is the way forward, especially since they’re only really dangerous when you consume a lot of them in one sitting.

It would be nice if the companies behind energy drinks made an effort to make them more ‘healthy’.

Everything is fine in moderation including energy drinks. So they should not be banned but people need to take personal responsibility and limit the amount of energy drinks they drink per day. While coffee is definitely a good substitute for energy drinks but even too much coffee can make me sick just like energy drinks and in my personal experience you need to eat something either before or shortly after drinking coffee or energy drinks to balance it out.

I drink the Rockstar Pure Zero with 240MG of caffeine energy drinks sometimes which I use to reset my sleeping pattern, or when I plan to exercise a lot and it really does help me keep going when without it I would have passed out way earlier. Obviously I only drink one a day and sometimes even that can make me feel bad so I don't see how people can drink a bunch of these although if I drink a whole vat of coffee it makes me feel just as bad if not worse.