First Video Game

Kid Ryan

Can't pinpoint which of these were my first but their the ones I remembered playing

when I was about 6 years old ^_^ these were Metal Gear Solid (PS1),

Resident Evil - Directors Cut (PS1), Dino Crisis (PS1), or Parasite Eve 2 (PS1)

Now that I've listed these, I feel that its actually between either Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil, yeah I know not really what a 6 year old girl should be playing :] but hey I'm glad I did tehehe or esle I probably ended up as one of those girls who thinks that shopping is fun... actually I do think shopping is fun... whatever I mean one of those typical girly girly girls... actually I'm one of them too Ā¬_Ā¬ I'm an hybrid between normal and otaku? hehe

This takes me back. I owned a Japanese Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Which was also known in Japan as the Nintendo Famicom (Famicom = Family Computer). My first game for it was Duck Hunt. The game consists of ducks that appear one or two at a time, and the player is given three shots to shoot them down.

• 1 month later...

hard to say for sure, but the first one I played that I actually understood anything (first one EVER was pokemon blue, but I was so young I didn't know what to do beyond walk around) was either Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy II (these were all SNES, so that means FF IV)

• 1 month later...

My first video game was years ago, but were probably either Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario All Stars lol Both on the SNES, and I still consider both decent games lol I remember thinking the bosses being pretty hard on Donkey Kong Country, but they're probably easy for me now lol

• 1 month later...

It was either Space Invaders or Asteroids, I can't remember any more which one was first. They got both arcade consoles at Fisher's around 1979 when one of the pinball machines in the vending hall broke. I'm pretty sure they were the first ones in town at the time.

My first videogame like many was PokƩmon Blue. Received a GBC with it bundled in. Now that I think about it, it was a really good bundle. There was a free carrying case, guide book, and probably other stuff.

Funny to think that my grandma would be the one to start my love of videogames lol. I knew nothing about videogames until she gave me the GBC.