zephy669

What got you into anime, and kept you there?

first it was the toonami stuff like DBZ, yu yu hakusho, etc. Got out of it for a while, then discovered Bleach and episodes on youtube in parts which ended up restarting the spark of anime for me. 

I had already consumed some anime before even knowing what it was..

Then a friend introduced the term and suggested some

Fate/Stay Night was one of them, probably the first, and it was what really got to me..

What got me in was Wing and G Gundam, when those first came on the entire idea of giant robots just kinda gripped my very young mind in a way that nothing else could. What's kept me going is much the same, anime used to be a constant on and off for me, usually trying to watch whatever was big at the time, then I decided to just watch every Gundam series and I've been a big mechaboi ever since.

The first anime that i ever saw before even knowing what anime was would have to be Dragon Ball Z. I remember a young me watching the Namek saga on tv. Then like most kids i went onto Pokemon and then Yu Gi Oh (With a short transition into Digimon). It was around middle school that i learned what anime actually was, and i checked out an awesome one called Soul Hunter from my local library. It was my first official anime that i not only owned but completed. That little gem is what got me into the medium. What kept me there was the original FMA, it showed me what stories could truly be, and from then on i was hooked.