Crashes during Downloads?

Koby

Everytime I try to download from MegaUpload, etc.. FireFox crashes.

I tried downloading it through MegaManager, but then it crashes.

Then I even tried Internet Explorer but it crashes too..

What could be causing everything to crash in the middle of a download?

It only happens when I'm trying to download something... :/

Which is making it impossible to get anything except through torrents...

WTF! Help please.

Just a shot in the dark here but try the file with Jdownloader.

Okay downloaded jdownloader.. surprisingly FireFox didn't crash when I downloaded it.

However when trying to download in jdownloader...

jdownloader crashed...

>_<

So didn't help or work.

Thats extremely weird, usually its firefox that has the problem not internet explorer, maybe try reinstalling firefox or check the taskmanager and see if anything suspicious is running. If not im not sure but ill look this issue up, i think Ive had something like this happen before.

Thats extremely weird, usually its firefox that has the problem not internet explorer, maybe try reinstalling firefox or check the taskmanager and see if anything suspicious is running. If not im not sure but ill look this issue up, i think Ive had something like this happen before.

>_<

Did you read anything I said?

It isn't just Firefox. It's FireFox, Internet Explorer, Jdownloader, and MegaUpload.

That being the case and the fact that I didn't even install Jdownloader till right before trying to use it, pretty much makes me believe the problem lies with some external source that is interfering or something. Because if it was a problem with something in FireFox, the other shit wouldn't be crashing either.

Sorry if I sound rude.. I'm just a bit heated over trying to grab these files all day and being unable to. :/

It's really weird that Jdownloader crashes as well, after doing some research It seems that this can happen with firefox because of a corrupted download history. you can use these directions I borrowed and see if anything changes.

Corrupted download history

Firefox can sometimes crash when you try to download files because its download history has become corrupted. If this happens:

1. Open your profile folder:

* (Firefox 3.0 and 3.5): See How to find your profile

1. (Firefox 3.6): At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information.... The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.

2. Under Application Basics, click on Open Containing FolderShow in Finder.

2. From the menu at the top of the Firefox windowbar, select FileFirefox and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.

3. In your profile folder, find the downloads.sqlite file and delete it.

I'm not sure if this will help as it seems to be affecting other browsers to, so all I can say is do a virus scan, run a registry cleaning software like Advanced system care I'll have to look into it bit more..

here's a list of stuff that may cause firefox to crash, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes, maybe it's an outside program conflicting with it or something, if you have Norton installed that could have something to do with it as well.You could also try starting your browsers in afe mode to see if it's an extension problem . although you've probably seen all this before. I'lll see what else I can find.

here's a list of stuff that may cause firefox to crash, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes, maybe it's an outside program conflicting with it or something, if you have Norton installed that could have something to do with it as well.You could also try starting your browsers in afe mode to see if it's an extension problem . although you've probably seen all this before. I'lll see what else I can find.

How many times must I say it... it's NOT limited to Firefox or any other browser. It's any download program or browser I try to download with. That being the case it's a very slim chance the problem lies with either of these programs. I'm guessing it's something external conflicting with it.

As for virus software.. I have Microsoft Security Essentials.

Sorry if I sound rude, but I've posted this on 3 other forums too and everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that it isn't just Firefox... and keeps telling me to reinstall it or try this or this with the browser.. and it doesn't seem to help, and because I doubt it's a problem with Firefox itself.

Might be some plugin that they all use such as Java or something? I remember I did some Windows updates then the next day all this problem started happening. I think there was some random security update for Windows, some Java update, and an update for the gfx card driver, and some update about the monitor or something that was done.

But I really don't know what the problem could be and its irritating me not being able to download... :/

hmmz if you think its a update issue try using a system restore to return to the point before the update also idk anything about your antivirus but you might wanna try avast antivirus and see if there is anything blocking you also check your internet settings in your connection i think maybe somewhere along the download something happens and your connecton might get interrupted and that causes the crash hope it helps koby man

I know it's not only firefox but I'm just saying, it's always worth a shot starting in safe mode, if even the system restore doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is that it is a hardware or ISP issue, if you use router perhaps you can run the diagnostics facility and see if everything is alright there , sorry if I wasn't much help here.

Seems it's not my ISP. Just connected one of my other PC's to the internet (the one I'm on right now) and it's downloading fine.

I reinstalled FF on the other PC, and removed some plugins etc.. to just try and get it to work. Running another virus scan now.. I ran a virus scan last night and woke up this morning to a blue screen error on that PC... so I dunno. It probably got infected again. Hope it can be solved. If not I'll see about doing a system restore to like last Tuesday or something from before it started acting up and see if it works then.

For now looks like I'll be using this PC to download.