FFX: Thoughts on the storyline...

RedXIII

• 2 weeks later...

Well, compared to other FF's storylines it still is an average one, but notice the word average, no good no bad

but without comparing the storyline is pretty good with Sin coming always back and summoners dying and one guardian to be sacrificed as the Final Aeon and stuff, I liked the storyline very much

• 8 months later...
Guest Destiny Angel

The battle system bore me a lot. But the storyline won me. I love the storyline of FFX and the battle system bore me, but at the same time i like how it's turn based because you can actually create a strategy. I love the twist and turns in the storyline, I like.

This final Fantasy Infuriated me. DOn't get me wrong, it was actually good. I'd have to say it was better then FF7 (thought FF8 was my favorite)

But back on track,

I thought it was a load of gay. D:

All joking aside, it was decent but for a FF it was sort of crap. FF's usually have epic storylines, this one seemed a little odd compared to the rest. Was alright I spose.

That storyline was epic. The entire time you play you know EXACTLY what your up against. You know your entire mission, its not a bunch of "improvising" (FFXII was crap in my opinon, sry. It hurt my mind to play that.) Now along the path of you going to yoru main objective there are a lot of.. oddiies, and problems.

It wasn't a smooth sail. Your learned more about your host of characters as things continued. Some for the good, some for the bad.

The battle system bore me a lot. But the storyline won me. I love the storyline of FFX and the battle system bore me, but at the same time i like how it's turn based because you can actually create a strategy. I love the twist and turns in the storyline, I like.

The battle system was no different then any of the previous FF's. I would have to say it required more of the no strategy present in FF7. By this I mean you can't gear yourself up against the last boss and autorevive everybody the moment you died. That last fight was a legit, hard-as-nails final fight. But the game didn't have strategy to its battle system. It followed the DragonWarrior 2 strategy of Over-level=win.

But it was still probably one of the best up to date. (thought I'll say it again I liked FF8 the most)

But here I go rambling off into nowhere again. The storyline was... Well the best way to say it is that it was very FF... It really wasn't anything different from the series, but it wasn't a downgrade either.

Rants over.

bah. i disliked FXII you could gambit yourself a boss battle. what i mean is /set gambit. /final boss.. /leave... /comeback... /last scene

the transition into the last boss battle was the most beautiful of all final fantasies though. How he's just walking and (not gonna spoil it)

that was beautiful compared to all the others. I'd play it again just to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive played most FF's and in my opinion this was the best. It had everything. The game actually showed emotion like no other game. Each cutscene was incredible. I would have made it a bit differnt but Square did such a good job.

Fake Religion

Politics

Mystery

Love

Betrayal

Adventure

Loss

Pain

There was just so much u could do. And the music was amazing. By far my fav soundtrack. Colud have been better but if it was it would have needed a second disk...

Don't forget this is the first Ps2 FF. They really outdid themselves.