FFVII: Tech Demo

unerasable sin

Have any of you seen the PS3 FFVII Tech Demo that was shown earlier last year? What did you think of it, when cloud leaves the train with buster sword in hand and weaing his FFVII:AC costume. I was hoping a complete remake would be on the cards but it seems not at the moment. Unless someone has information i don't lol. It would be my real only reason for wanting to own a PS3 because at the mo i really could live without one.

a demo? wheree? I've only seen trailers

the tech demo sure looks great, but I too read somewhere that they ain't gonna make a remake

its not really a demo, (as in playable) so it is a trailer but was called a tech demo, for the tech people from sony to remake FFVII, as to give an idea of how powerful the new PS3 will be. i'd like to see the remake take place and if the public vote is up for this then square-enix will most probably run with it. (plus it'll make them a few extra dollars).

Final Fantasy VII remake was denied by Square. Which IMO is a good thing really, because enough with the Final Fantasy VII Compilation, I want to see some new games in development by Square. Such as a Grandia IV, Radiata Stories 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Drakengard 3, and even a couple new series.

Koga recent rumors suggest Japan is to have an early 2008 release for FF13, which means the US may be looking at a 2009 release. Which is worse then they had originally said. Though last I heard, Nomura said to expect FF13 in Japan late 2007 or maybe that was the demo of FF13 they were going to put out? Perhaps they will do a demo of FF13 in a game such as DQ9.. such as they did with FF12 in DQ8.

Koga recent rumors suggest Japan is to have an early 2008 release for FF13, which means the US may be looking at a 2009 release. Which is worse then they had originally said. Though last I heard, Nomura said to expect FF13 in Japan late 2007 or maybe that was the demo of FF13 they were going to put out? Perhaps they will do a demo of FF13 in a game such as DQ9.. such as they did with FF12 in DQ8.

2009? Crazy man. But if it comes to Japan in early 2008, we may get it later on in 08. But I don't expect to see it this year. I mean, they did just release FFXII. As for a demo, it could also become available in the PlayStation Store. I'd suspect it to go there instead of coming with DQ9. Who knows. But FF Versus XIII? I'd wouldn't be surprised if it came out in 2009.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Final Fantasy VII remake was denied by Square. Which IMO is a good thing really, because enough with the Final Fantasy VII Compilation, I want to see some new games in development by Square. Such as a Grandia IV, Radiata Stories 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Drakengard 3, and even a couple new series.

With all due respect Koby, in all the people that posted here, you and me were probably the only ones who agreed that squeezing Final Fantasy VII even more is a complete insanity.

But let's face it. Of all the people who posted here, EVEN you and me, WOULD most definately buy the remake.

So if we think 'bout it, they could cash in on more than when Final Fnatasy X came out. WAY more.

It would just bring out all the FF7 die hard fans. Some would even buy two then sell the other one on eBay for about 10x the cost. As much as I love FF7, I would just stick to the normal version, although, I would like to see Cloud using that crazy Omnislash in the PS3.