Going from Anime Dub to Sub..

Blackcat

Hello, I have always watched anime in Dub as I just prefer it but sometimes it can take so long for it to get released that I'm considering switching and to start watching in subbed, im wondering what people think.

For example, I've watched Naruto and Naruto shippuden up to ....174 or something (the pain fight) .. in dubbed, would it be wierd to start watching the rest in subbed?

Hello, I have always watched anime in Dub as I just prefer it but sometimes it can take so long for it to get released that I'm considering switching and to start watching in subbed, im wondering what people think.

For example, I've watched Naruto and Naruto shippuden up to ....174 or something (the pain fight) .. in dubbed, would it be wierd to start watching the rest in subbed?

Of course not you have to watch the subbed episodes if you ever want to catch up to the big 3. Otherwise you're missing out big time.

Ok Blackcat listen, in 2009 i watched shippuuden up to episode 100, that was all thee available dub at that time, and so since im watching Anime and not reading manga, i prefer to hear the voices and understand them instead of reading on a video.. So i waited 5 years long to watch Shippuuden, a few weeks ago i restarted watching Naruto from episode 1, and watched it all non-stop up to Shippuuden 230,i still have 20 episodes left, and after those, ill have to wait another one or two years to catch up to whats out there now... So you see, i consider it worth waiting inorder to really enjoy it. So yeah, my advice is to wait. But if you cant wait you should just read the manga.. If you decide to wait, theres so much other stuff to do meanwhile, and so many other anime series..

• Like 1

While you're waiting, enjoy other shows. There are plenty of them.

I watch anime exclusively in English dub.

Much love and respect for that xD

If on TV, I don't mind dubbed. If it's a show I'm keeping track of, then subbed (I prefer to watch the show in the form it was meant to be watched in, which is Japanese).

Well, it was meant to be seen-heard-understood, and not read xD so unless you speak Japanese it wasnt meant for you in Japanese lol

I watch a lot of anime both subbed and dubbed even though I prefer dubs. You are missing out if you are only limiting yourself to the dubs. A lot of my favorite anime only have been subbed.

If you watch the first Naruto series which is 220 episodes and movies dubbed and you are 174 episodes into the 2nd series dubbed it will feel weird to go from dubbed to subbed, but you should get used to it.

People think I'm weird that I prefer Dragon Ball subbed.

Well, it was meant to be seen-heard-understood, and not read xD so unless you speak Japanese it wasnt meant for you in Japanese lol

I prefer watching shows I'm their original form, which is the mentality I follow. Your mentality is too see, hear, and understand it, which fine.

I'll probably only watch a dubbed scene to see how they handle a scene just out of curiosity.

Watching it subbed means I won't have to deal with awful voice acting.

Edited by Rockman X

I'd suggest trying both and seeing which you prefer. I usually watch anime dubbed, but if I can't stand the voice actors they use in the English version (in other words, if Yuri Lowenthal is in it in a prominent role) I'll switch to the subbed version. I think watching anime in your native language makes it more enjoyable, but there are exceptions to the rule...I could never watch Gurren Lagann dubbed; the drama in it was absolutely destroyed.

There are plenty of anime to choose from for you to wait for something to come out, though - don't feel pressured/impatient to switch to watching things subbed just because they take a little longer to come out!

I'm don't understand Japanese, so I don't know what's good or bad voice acting XD But with dubbed, I know.

Neither do I XD

I just can't stand Japanese VA. They got no sense of humor, at least the dubs try.

I totally agree, the fact is Japanese people have a weird culture (awesome), and their way of talking is different, it mostly doesnt appe to me, but Rockman says dubs are bad which is wrong, some dubs are bad, but look at the guys from FUNimation, Michael J. Tatum who does the voice of Rintaro Okabe, it is freaking amazing.

Look and english voices of Kakashi, Gaara, Orochimaru, Vincent Law, MUGEN from Samurai champloo.. Edward Elric, King Bradley, and so on, they are freaking amazing...