What if funimation brought back the old cast from Dragon ball Z for dragon ball z Kai will you watch it or not?

Guillermo31

Many of the old cast worked on DBZ Kai actually apart from Child Gohan, Android 18, Freezer and Bulma. Those are the only 4 characters that got new voice actors I think

yea I know but what I'm saying is what they sound like now after these years when Dragon ball Z was over years ago. I would have watch it if they brought them back

I have never really watched Kai, but have heard some of the new voice actors through the games. Gohan and Freiza are the only 2 that really seem to bug me. Maybe I should just give them a chance I just find them irritating to listen to. So I guess that is a yes to your question.

I have never really watched Kai, but have heard some of the new voice actors through the games. Gohan and Freiza are the only 2 that really seem to bug me. Maybe I should just give them a chance I just find them irritating to listen to. So I guess that is a yes to your question.

Yea I got annoyed the new voices of bulma, gohan, frieza and android 18

I thought the voices were pretty good then again I don't pay any attention to them myself lol. I only own part 1 of DBZ Kai on BD and all 9 Seasons of DBZ on DVD Box Sets. I also didn't mind that it cut out all the fillers on Kai

I'm watching the DBZ Kai I'm trying to get into it but I couldn't I'm used to the old DBZ voices on the original and yes I know they had cheesy lines but they also had good lines as well. You gotta understand they didn't have the material for dragon ball z from Japan they had to get vhs tapes from mexico and bring spanish translators to watch them and translate it for them. Remember back then it was the beginning of the Internet and it was slow to get information Edited by Guillermo31

I heard that a few colours where completely out of whack such as blood. I Haven't watched Kai, I am fine just with watching the original DBZ. What bothers me is the Kai actors doing the DBZ games voices, this why freiza and Gohan bug me. I use to love playing freiza as a character and still do, just the voice bugs me...........

Maybe I should watch Kai so it grows on me.

I'm watching the DBZ Kai I'm trying to get into it but I couldn't I'm used to the old DBZ voices on the original and yes I know they had cheesy lines but they also had good lines as well. You gotta understand they didn't have the material for dragon ball z from Japan they had to get vhs tapes from mexico and bring spanish translators to watch them and translate it for them. Remember back then it was the beginning of the Internet and it was slow to get information

I have seen a few videos comparing Kai to the original Funi Dub and them saying how some of the old lines are horrible. I watched a few of my favourite scenes from DBZ in Kai and Kai sounds funny, well just because there not the lines I know so well and grew up watching.

Each series lines are priceless whether they are bad or not and like you said, they did a good job with the tech and resources they had back then, I know I would of had a hard time translating it all.

Edited by J-Lord

I heard that a few colours where completely out of whack such as blood. I Haven't watched Kai, I am fine just with watching the original DBZ. What bothers me is the Kai actors doing the DBZ games voices, this why freiza and Gohan bug me. I use to love playing freiza as a character and still do, just the voice bugs me...........

Maybe I should watch Kai so it grows on me.

I'm watching the DBZ Kai I'm trying to get into it but I couldn't I'm used to the old DBZ voices on the original and yes I know they had cheesy lines but they also had good lines as well. You gotta understand they didn't have the material for dragon ball z from Japan they had to get vhs tapes from mexico and bring spanish translators to watch them and translate it for them. Remember back then it was the beginning of the Internet and it was slow to get information

I have seen a few videos comparing Kai to the original Funi Dub and them saying how some of the old lines are horrible. I watched a few of my favourite scenes from DBZ in Kai and Kai sounds funny, well just because there not the lines I know so well and grew up watching.

Each series lines are priceless whether they are bad or not and like you said, they did a good job with the tech and resources they had back then, I know I would of had a hard time translating it all.

yea I know to me the original funimation dub will always be part of my childhood

Actually Kai is more in the Lines of the Manga and it was great imo. the Only difference between Kai and DBZ original is that Kai has no Fillers.

I know it's straight from the manga and like I said before they had no material for dragon ball z from Japan. It was beginning of Internet back then

The reason why mr.popo is blue it was the censored version and also thought it was racial to it

Choosing the voice actors they did for Gohan and Bulma were terrible in my opinion. Monica Rial as Bulma ??? You couldn't pick someone much worse for Bulma. Hearing her voice on Bulma is just too much for my ears and it doesn't feel like the same Bulma anymore. She just sounds stupid now, when before she sounded like a bossy brainiac, which is what i prefered.

Colleen Clinkenbeard doing Gohan was another terrible decision from Funimation. Gohan just sounds like a girl, not a young boy, a girl. There are a number of Youtube vids that show the worst parts of her doing Gohan's voice. I don't like her as Android 18 either, she makes 18 sound like a wimp.

Frieza is another one that sucked. I liked the old Frieza, yeah it made him sound like an old woman that smokes a lot, but so what ? Frieza is an alien, why can't he sound like that ? If they were going to get a man to voice him then at least get a man that sounds like a man, they may as well have stuck with Linda Young.

Yeah, so basically i don't like the Kai voice acting. The Funimation voice actors sound like they have done it to death now, and i don't know about anyone else but i am getting sick of Chris Sabbat as Vegeta. He just sounds like every other character he does in other Anime. At least with his first attempt at Vegeta he sounded different.

Maybe this is why i prefer Ocean's DBZ better, i prefer pretty much all of their voice actors to Funimations ones. But let's not get into that, the Ocean Dub v Funi Dub debate has been done to death now.

Actually Kai is more in the Lines of the Manga and it was great imo. the Only difference between Kai and DBZ original is that Kai has no Fillers.

I think the fillers are what made DBZ extra special. Kai just feels rushed and i doesn't grab my attention as much. I know Kai is about removing the filler but come on, there are some great moments missing with the amount they have removed. I think they just went a bit over board. There is no break from the action, you need those moments because it gives us chance to see more of the characters.

I also think the music sucked, it put me off even more.

• 2 weeks later...