The Flash (2014 TV Series)

Emrys

• 1 month later...

This whole season has been about Barry's screw ups.

He opts to change the past and ends up creating Flash Point.

Tries to correct that, but alters various stuff in the process, even on Arrow.

Then in the future, 4 years after Iris had been killed, he manages to trap Savitar. Afterwards he opts to abandon everyone he knows and goes into sulk mode.

Then present time Wally lets Evil Barry (Savitar) out, and Savitar ends up killing Iris, which is what resulted in the creation of Savitar to begin with. Which kind of seems off, because basically it means that Savitar caused the birth of Savitar, but if that was the case, how did Savitar exist to begin with if Iris hadn't died by his hand? Alright, I guess if you look at time in a different prospective, maybe it works on the basis that time isn't linear at all. And apparently the only reason Savitar exists and Iris dies is because of Flash Point to start with because in the original timeline she was alive and well in the future as the Headliner of the newspaper article Gideon had on display.

So it still revolves around a long list of things Barry has done wrong since mucking around with the timeline. \o/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Flash is a fun show to watch.

When I first discovered it, I was only going to watch one "superhero" show just for the fun of it. But after start watching the 4th episode and it showed "previously on the Flash" and what it showed was not on the last 3 episodes, I had to do some research and discovered it came as a spin off from Arrow. So off to start watching Arrow from the beginning. Wow, what a ride! 5 years later and I have 4 superhero shows that I'm watching - Arrow, The Flash, Legends and Supergirl. Each show has its high points and low points.

Arrow season 1 and 2 knocked it out of the park, but season 3 and 4 lost its way but recovered when it went back to its roots in season 5.

The Flash has just been a fun ride through all 3 seasons.

Legends started out ok, but the overall story line has some issues which ended each season weak. I still enjoy the show , but they had best bring in better writers. I'm a stickler for time travel writing done well. And Legends has not figured the formula yet. You want good time travel shows, go watch Doctor Who, Continuum and 12 Monkeys.

Supergirl started out slow and found its own by the 7th episode and got better and stronger all the way through the end of the first season. Season 2 was weaker, the writing was getting worse and so was the acting. It was like watching old episodes of the Adam West Batman. It was almost insulting the way Supergirl acted. She's a late twenty something acting like a teenage girl that can't have her way. Very hard to watch a character like that. But season 2 did have its moments. Here's to  hoping they bring in better writing and have the actors "grow up" with their delivery.

Edited by Mattax

• 1 year later...

flash-poster-xs-1133177.jpeg

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9

SEASON PREMIERE - THE FLASH

"Nora" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

GETTING RID OF EXCESS - After an unexpected guest from the future, Nora West-Allen (Jessica Parker Kennedy), appears at their home, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton,) must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline... even more than she already has. Team Flash must work together to send Nora back, while simultaneously fighting off another villainous meta. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Sam Chalsen (#501). Original airdate 10/9/18

• 3 months later...

p15660455_b_v8_ab.jpg

TUESDAY, JANUARY 29

THE FLASH

"Memorabilia" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

BARRY AND IRIS LOOK INTO NORA'S MEMORIES - When Sherloque (Tom Cavanagh) wants to use a memory machine on Barry (Grant Gustin) and Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) to help gain access to Grace's memories, Nora panics, fearing her parents will find out the secrets she's been keeping from them. Nora secretly decides to use the machine on her own which ends in disaster after she gets trapped inside Grace's mind. Barry and Iris go in after their daughter and Iris is brokenhearted by what she finds. Meanwhile, Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) tricks Cisco (Carlos Valdes) into going out for a night out on the town. Rebecca Johnson directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Kristen Kim (#512). Original airdate 1/29/2019.

• 1 month later...

Nora has been acting like a 10 year old kid all season. Either her mother kept her locked in a closet all her life or she's just mentally-stunted.

Season long villains certainly hasn't worked for the Arrowverse. Every season just feels like it drags on and on and there are multiple times where the big bad could have wiped out the team or the team could have taken them out, but don't simply because the season has many more episodes to go, so characters are made to do something stupid to cause everything to go on endlessly.

3-4 episode villian arcs would be great, but even if they were willing to do half-season "big bads" or cut seasons in half it would infinitely be better than the drawn out seasons we get.

I think I'll probably jump ship on all the DC shows on The CW except for Black Lightning after next season's crossover event when Arrow officially ends if the rest of the shows aren't showing signs of improvement by then.

The Flash hit a series low in ratings on The CW with last week's episode, "Failure is an Orphan." Adapting the DC Comics character of the same name, The Flash has been consistently the highest rated superhero series on the network. It has even surpassed the show it spun out of: Arrow.