Brave Theme Customizations

Koby

Of course, I'm always tweaking this or that; so don't expect things to remain fully like this. It could change.

Though IPBv4 should be coming out into beta testing soon according to Invision; which would render all of our skins outdated anyhow. So with that upgrade, it would mean some big changes to the core system as well as cosmetically for the users. We should hopefully be seeing a lot more nifty features and such.

• Like 3

I like MK's suggestion for the table layout. To me the current has a lot of empty space between the options and just takes up more room. The other layout was a bit cleaner IMO.

Also, while not a bug, I think it's safe to take the youtube link away from the "more" button on the menu bar. That channel is long gone. lol

Oh, so you just let it build up hehe

Yup, think its about a months worth now. 

@Koby, the previous "table layout" could maybe work? I like the capitals, but just to take up less space and make it feel a little more 'complete' for want of a better word.

04a16abdad.png

That change wasn't intentional. It happened with the styling of the admin/mod cp and report center links.

I'll give them a custom style and alter the original back. It's actually to do with padding rather than capitals.

Oh, so you just let it build up hehe

Yup, think its about a months worth now. 

@Koby, the previous "table layout" could maybe work? I like the capitals, but just to take up less space and make it feel a little more 'complete' for want of a better word.

04a16abdad.png

That change wasn't intentional. It happened with the styling of the admin/mod cp and report center links.

I'll give them a custom style and alter the original back. It's actually to do with padding rather than capitals.

Ah ok, sounds good, looking forward to it. And sorry when I said capitals, I was referring to the current one you have. I.e.

cf2b1a435c.png

I like the captials in this one, you could keep that when you change it back to this one:

04a16abdad.png

Besides all of that, I found one other issues, it's with the online/offline bubbles and long user names, e.g.

6a946bf9da.png

Long names seem to run out of space and looks a little squashed IMHO, to fix it I thought of maybe separating the online status bubble and username into 2 lines? I think the bubble underneath the username would like quite good and fix the issue, but its just a suggestion. Perhaps something like this??

83062f3edb.png

Would it be possible to give each user group there own class? It seems like everyone is under "name" right now with staff and donators  having a color style added to their's.  Could it be set up in a way that the colors are linked to a specific class like described below?

span [class=admin]

{ color : #DC143C 

; font-weight : bold 

}

Then we could have a class setup for all the different user groups.

I pretty much suck at html, so if the isn't possible/necessary than I apologize.

• Nekone locked this topic