Need to talk..

Jikochuu

Hi to you all !

I really need to talk to a community like this one. I've been a member of Kametsu forum for a few years now, but still don't know the other members.

See, it was once a place where I came day and night to talk about the things I loved the most : mangas. Right now, I won't be able to tell if I still as passionate as I was back then. And this makes me feel really sad. Because, instead of this, I don't have other passion.

I had issues in my life this past year, and I know we all had/have/will have. But I'm afraid this has turned me into someone quite bored.. all the time, with nothing to entertain me anymore.

I will be 26 this year (yes, and still talk like a teenager. So what?), but I don't think this is the reason why I feel that way. I don't have anymore friends that still read or talk about mangas, so I couldn't tell them how I feel today.

I'm afraid to lose this passion, because it has been a part of me since I'm 14. And the reason why I'm telling you this, is because I would like to know if some of you have ever felt this before ? If yes, how has your passion came back ?

Yea.. I wish I was 14 again --"

Thx for reading !

I know what you mean! I'm 21 this year, I got into anime when I was 13 or 14.

I think it's just harder to project yourself into anime now. I know I'm not into the whole high-school setting anymore, because you know... I'm not in high school! (I still like them, but not as much anymore.)

What kind of anime / manga do you normally like? I can maybe recommend some good ones. :P

Or you could try something different. I'm watching some Korean Variety Shows now. (Running Man? Yesplz.) And I find if I ever get tired of anime it's a good change.

Anyway, life hits us all a little bit. Don't think about it too much. :>

People grow, people change. I'm 25, you're 26, so I understand where this is coming from. We're at a point in our lives were we're really starting to think about our lives and the fact that we've been on this Earth for a quarter of a century. What have we really done, what have we really accomplished in that time? Where will we be in the next 25 years? etc...

Some people just aren't going to remain manga/anime fans for life. They simply grow out of it. While others may live their whole life without ever really growing up. I've went through spurts of 6 months to 2 years without watching much anime or not feeling like watching the few I was watching, but I've eventually always came back to it. Perhaps the same will happen with you. It's all simply in the passage of time.

• Like 1

I know where you're coming from in more ways than one friend. I'm 25 and I'm in a small town, so just being a fan of anime, manga, and even sometimes gaming kinda gives you that "guy-alone-on-an-island" feel sometimes. As for that passion, sometimes it wavers and that's not necessarily a bad thing. For example, I'm taking a season off of anime for the most part right now and not reading near as much manga as I used to. Focusing mainly on gaming at this point. Next season I'll probably come back to it and that passion will probably come right back and burn as powerful as ever simply because anime and manga suddenly seems like that best friend I've talked to a facebook lately, but haven't seen in a while. I just stated picking back up on my manga reading and lemme tell you, that time away helps a little. Absence makes the heart grow fonder after all.

Kouhai -> I used to like those high-school subjects too ! But now, I am more into Seinen and Josei (a bit of Yaoi to be honest x) ). I'd be glad if you could recommend some titles ! 

Koby -> You've said it ! The whole thing is written up there. I cannot argue with what you mentioned. I am starting to really think about where I'm going, and this is scary. I hope this is just temporary, that I'll be back to what I used to like.. Your words really touched me Koby.

JimDaddy -> So, you mean by putting mangas aside I will appreciate them more when I'll be reading them back ? Because it's been more than a year for me. I tried to force myself at reading but, my feels are completely different.

I try not to think too much about this but.. it's a bit frustrating. Thank you for replying !! That makes me feel a lot better, really.

Hi, i just want to says that ages don't tell any thing I 36 and still like anime manga and Japan stuff. What I found hard it that most people hate it like my wife and family. when the people around you don't wand to listen or talk about it it hard to continue with it. The other think that make me lose interest in is the money. I can't buy any paper back manga or dvd for now it hard time here for me in the last 2 years so it lower me interest. When you can't read the last of a series it … .

The time it not easy for those that like anime and manga but it forum like this on that make me going.

In my case I change subject for psychology one like lain, or historic stuff. The psychology one or hard to fine but with more contend it not read for read but to learn.

P.S. Yes this titles it about high-school stuff but I like it you can take a look it only 2 book long : The day of revolution

Really sorry for my English I good to read, listen but not to write it.

There are some things in life I CANNOT GIVE UP.......at least for now like games, anime and rock music. Everyone especially my family says i need to be more mature and etc, i'm like "you don't understand, this is who i am". I understand how you feel. There are times when i go for months without watching anime, playing games and so on but I ALWAYS come back.

My greatest fear is that i would probably not be able to finish onepiece dubbed. I mean once i have a family a job and things i wont be able to enjoy anime/manga like i do now! It saddens me greatly

We'll be dead ones One Piece finishes, let alone when the dubbed version catches up.

If the anime follows the manga all the way until the end, it will probably finish in 12 to 13 years.

The Dub, who knows, who knows if Viz media or funimation will still be around by then.

As for things like anime and manga, I don't ever see myself out growing them, that would be like outgrowing reading, or watching tv, somethings you don't out grow, some things you do, somethings most people would out grow but don't, like I still like Sesame street, Kamen Rider, Yu-Gi-Oh!,  Aurthur, and My Neighbor Totoro, and have been watching them since I could talk.

As I grew up, things do seem mundane compared to before, but that is because when I was younger me and my family used to go cross country a lot, try new things, go to new places on a regular bassis, but now things have gotten expensive, so we can't really afford to do any of those things anymore.

Now we are in a town were the biggest attraction here is a walmart, and to do anything you have to go to the city, which there is also very little to do. So I am bored with things most of the time and think things were much better when I was younger.

I am kind of morbid, so I can only think of nothing good to come in the future.

Anime and manga, is something that I grew up with that is always there, that I can always go to, I never get tiered of the media, I may eventualy tier of certaint stories or look back on some of them and say how the *Bleep* could I watch something this corny, but there are always new stories being made, and several different adventures told in many perspectives, so it is something I doubt I will tier of.

Though very few of the anime I saw years ago are corny, most of them are bloody and violent, but those are the anime I grew up with, and those still hold my interest today.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I think i`l be into anime for a few years to come yet even if i ever meet a guy and he wont allow me to watch anime because if he doesn`t i`l show him the door.

i just love it too much it helped me through the bad times because it took me away from reality so i owe alot to anime :)

Definitely took me away from reality

Well what i meant is that it's sometimes fun to see a different world where anything is possible. dont get me wrong you gotta stay rooted to reality so you dont start trying to make cartoons your real life but its kinda like damn i just wanna watch something where all there is awesome cool fun things happening. You know i doesnt happen really but you cant help but atleast get entertainment out of it. IDK if i explained it right but after a long day of coding or hardware design it's good to just let your mind rot and see extremely impossible things happen!