Greatest Blood Suckers

Renzo

There are many Vampire animes out there. Many different takes, and many ways to portray them. Some get scripted as mindless things that just suck humans blood. Other Vampires are portrayed as fearsome, powerful and demonic entitie or something else. In some stories the Vampires are blended in with humans and don't suck blood.

I wanna know what everyones personal opinion is, as to which anime deserves the title as 'Greatest'. I'd like to know reasons for why you chose this particular anime and... you can only pick one.

I'll start.

My pick is Hellsing. Although, Alucard kinda strays from a traditional vampire into somewhat of a demonic entity (I'm partial to the traditional types), I still think this anime is 'top shelf' quality. Not only does it have a great cast of characters with many unique qualities, but it's got great action -- love those guns ^_^ To me, that's the what seals the deal. I do like the fact that the writers still tried to stay true to the Vampire qualities in some aspects and we get to see that from time to time.

My runner-up would be Vampire Hunter D.

Well, I have two that could contend for the title, but one is more obviously powerful than the others.

Alucard : Yes, he is a kick-ass vampire and is super awesome. He is also based off of Dracula, who is the strongest vampire to ever exist in any telling that isn't a god. His contracting of demons could be considered canon, since hellhounds are sometimes seen as undead and vampires can dominate other undead.

Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade, also known as Shinobu Oshino : from the famed Bakemonogatari series, they are shown to have the power to end and enslave all life on Earth. Of course, loli version isn't quite as badass.

Well, I have two that could contend for the title, but one is more obviously powerful than the others.

Alucard : Yes, he is a kick-ass vampire and is super awesome. He is also based off of Dracula, who is the strongest vampire to ever exist in any telling that isn't a god. His contracting of demons could be considered canon, since hellhounds are sometimes seen as undead and vampires can dominate other undead.

Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade, also known as Shinobu Oshino : from the famed Bakemonogatari series, they are shown to have the power to end and enslave all life on Earth. Of course, loli version isn't quite as badass.

Good choice on Shinobu. I love the 'Monogatari' series.

I would think maybe Alucard from Castlevania, refuses to suck blood, wants to unite hmans and demons, sometime assists the hero in defeating his dad Count Dracula, but never kills his dad because they are still family. He joins the same groups that try to defeat Dracula and other demons so he is in the know of what every one is planning. He has good intentions, but it is kind of an imposible goal as his dad has said, since humans fear demons.

Next would be Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. At first the series starts before he becomes a vampier, he is seen to be evil through and through, in the manga though it shows more of the grey area in him, bassed on his time growing up in london and the manythings that traumatized him with his alcoholic dad. He is later shown as the main bad guy of Part 3 Stardust Crusaders, still baring a grudge against the Jostar family, who is the family who adopted him. Much like his father, he became greedy and wanted to inherit the entire Jostar fortune and live a wealthy life as the head of the family and become a sucsefull lawyer, so he decided to kill off Gorge Jostar, his adopted father, but his plan failed and he was cornerd by the police, so as ot to get killed by them, he put on the mask that turned him into a vampier.

I would think maybe Alucard from Castlevania, refuses to suck blood, wants to unite hmans and demons, sometime assists the hero in defeating his dad Count Dracula, but never kills his dad because they are still family. He joins the same groups that try to defeat Dracula and other demons so he is in the know of what every one is planning. He has good intentions, but it is kind of an imposible goal as his dad has said, since humans fear demons.

Next would be Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. At first the series starts before he becomes a vampier, he is seen to be evil through and through, in the manga though it shows more of the grey area in him, bassed on his time growing up in london and the manythings that traumatized him with his alcoholic dad. He is later shown as the main bad guy of Part 3 Stardust Crusaders, still baring a grudge against the Jostar family, who is the family who adopted him. Much like his father, he became greedy and wanted to inherit the entire Jostar fortune and live a wealthy life as the head of the family and become a sucsefull lawyer, so he decided to kill off Gorge Jostar, his adopted father, but his plan failed and he was cornerd by the police, so as ot to get killed by them, he put on the mask that turned him into a vampier.

+1 for Dio, I forgot all about him. Strength-wise he isn't as good as others I listed, but still awesome nonetheless.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...