Why does anime have a bad wrap in the public eye?

BIGSAS1944

Yes yes, the general public has no idea what anime is.

Like DBZ, the general public will think it's just another cartoon made for children.

Ā 

They don't really know what animes are so they can't really rip on it.

Like HeavenlyClassic already stated it's usually gamers that have a bad rep to them.

Ā 

:( Sadly I once to was like this, I use to tease some of my friends who would watch these so called animes, calling them nerds(couldn't think of anything better to call them)

Now I have room for both games and anime

Ā 

Ps: My friends still don't now of my change in attitude so I still tease them for fun.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to be called a nerd (there is computer nerds, gaming nerds, anime nerds). I am too kind of afraid to talk about anime, out in the public. Unless it is a friend that likes it of course. Nothing bad about keeping public image separate from online/internet. If you like something just keep it to yourself. I should have learned to do that through high school.

Ā 

Only thing I can think of is that anime gets obsessed with, and a high percentage of people just stay in their basement all day watching anime and playing video games. Maybe, that's why it has a bad image.

I think many of 'older' people.. Myself excluded (28), because i will be watching anime for years to come ^_^ Anyway, i think older people assume that animeĀ are like cartoons. They associate cartoons with being childish or for kids. MANY people i know are like this. Why they are so obsessed with portraying an adult and mature image all the time is beyond me. I say, if you wanna watch cartoons, anime, play video games, play yu-gi-oh, whatever it is. Age doesn't matter and as long as you like it and it makes you happy then by all means... DO IT.

Ā 

Also, many people i know don't even really know about anime. What it is or that there's tons of different genres.Ā I've converted quite a few people from a skeptic to a fan. But, not all enjoy it. But, whatever, to each they're own.

Ā 

Just wish people would be more adventurous and not so judgemental.

• Like 2

LOL Heavenly. So true.

Ā 

When we're old, hopefully we'll be playing Titanfall 4, Uncharted 8, Final Fantasy 24... Or, perhaps even more VR stuff. Who knows. I can dream right?

Ā 

And who knows all of the different anime that'll be out. I'm excited just thinking about it.

Edited by Renzo

10119674a.jpg

Ā 

Don't know about you, but I wore that tie toĀ  campus all the time at University of California :P. Let's say I got a few people interested. I got a 4 numbers, if I would'ved persisted, I would've gotten the other 3 number from that one girl. Hehehe. In all seriousness, I was ballin. You just gotta learn and know how to handle yourself.

I am never going to a retierment home, if I got a house, I plan to live in it, not an old peoples version of day care.

I doubt there will be still making those series by then, the creators, and the current people in charge of there companies will be gone probably, new series will start.

I like the tie!

I usually were cat ears when I go out, whether it is on my hat, or clips in my hair.

My knowledge is that some people who grew watching Transformers and GI Joe and when they show the credits showing Sunbow or something is actually Sunrise animation, the same company who created the gundam shows. Also some game companies and publishers have an hard time getting the animators' permission to make games based on famous anime shows. Why you see every Dragon Ball Z game that have been made in the last 10 years or so because most people like us grow up watching DBZ on Toonami. Another reason why anime is getting a bad rap is because excess nudity or child-like drawings of characters doing explicit acts which is not the case all the time.

Ā 

The second part of the problem is that games based on anime shows is so hard to bring overseas because to do with licensing issues with the exception of Project X Zone which have characters from Tekken, Street Fighter, Tales series etc. Like the J Stars Victory on the PS3 Bleach and Naruto are licensed by Viz, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Yu Yu Hakusho is by Funimation, and the other series either licensed by Aniplex of America and Sentai Filmworks. If we ever want to see that game coming over across the one, it will take those companies to bang out ton of money to get it over here. But all said than done anime is still niche genre but on a grander scale to some people.