Agarsia (dont complain bout the grammar i have none)

Renzourin

this is the story i am working on if you like it fine if you dont oh well but please dont complain about the grammar im sorry but i have very little understanding of grammar being stuck in a self contained classrom till 7th grade doesnt exactly condone the best learning environment

anyways here goes

Agarsia

Bios and information

This is the world of adventurers the planet Agarsia… composed of many different races ideologies and well war

It was said that adventurers came into existence because of the constant wars of people not wanting to be this or that or join one side or another that they wanted the freedom to travel and discover this world and its secrets

Adventurers are of all types and races soldiers warriors thieves rogues mages barbarians they all share one goal though that is to explore this world and help others who cannot defend themselves.

Character Personae

Renzourin Kiteras, Age: 17 Race: Human, Class: Necromancer Gender Male

Renzourin is the main character of this story trained from an early age as a Necromancer the magic of the dead he has solid skills even if he is young though he is still a novice in the world of necromancy he seeks to adventure because he wishes to and he feels like it’s a good way to gain experience. He stands at 6 feet solid and weighs 175 pounds and is lithe and agile his hair is a Sandy brown worn long in a simple ponytail with dark green eyes

Ziris Denato, Age: 24 Race: Chezaran, Class: Warrior Gender Male

Ziris is a Chezaran a descendant of ogres or rather an evolution of the hybrid half human half ogre fully evolved and large Chezaran's are said to possess the strength of an ogre and their durability to physical damage however they possess a weakness like all things because of their physical nature that is so embedded in them they possess no talent for magic and have an inherent weakness to magic. Ziris stands at 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 280 pounds with a very heavy build and wields a massive Zweihander as his choice of weapons he has short light blue hair and crystal blue eyes

Karra Dencherry Age: 19 Race: Human Class Cleric Gender: Female

Karra is a cleric or magical healer and belongs to the order of Ivantoris and believes in the good and evil of this world and hates things like necromancers however she tags along with Renzourin after seeing him one day because she saw something in him something that is different in the others of his kind something that intrigued her,

As a healer she’s a novice with little experience but decent skills at what she does as a rule she does not fight anyone for clerics seek to heal not kill but if pressed she has some holy magic and a staff to fight back she stands at 5 foot 9 inches and weighs 150 pounds with light blue eyes and dark brown hair worn long in braids

Icarus Ventarus Age: 25 Race: Human, Class: Rogue Gender Male

Icarus is a rogue or a thief that rather then steals for the sake of riches he wishes to explore instead and applies his skills accordingly trained in stealth and the ways of disarming and detecting traps Icarus is a old pro at it having spent many years doing it he tags along with Renzourin because he merely wants to and the boy seems to get himself into trouble a lot so he just decided to, he stands at 5 foot 6 inches and 135 pounds with a lithe and very agile body he wields a falchion and a dagger at the same time and has short blonde hair that’s disheveled with wide dark blue eyes

Ylanna Isreavin Age: 14 Race: Korsan, Class: Summoner Gender Female

Ylanna is a Korsan or a race of humans who possess amazing magical faculties inherent in them though like a Chezaran their bodies are weak physically and lack any real talent for physical combat Ylanna is a summoner or a mage who practices summoning creatures lost to this world by the means of contracts and incantments however she is still a novice at this and like all summoners has a good grasp of basic magic and is so able to defend herself with that if necessary she stands at 5 feet 7 inches at 145 pounds with light pink hair that’s worn long and unbraided

Elena Oakland age 18, Race Human/werewolf, Class unknown. Gender female. Elena was brought up Ethoras, it wasn't discovered she was a were until she hit puberty, and her mother's affair discovered,

she was then taken to Ilacred to train/ be killed, As part werewolf she is more deadly when the moon is full, she was sent to spy on the King

Information on Kingdoms and current situation of Agarsia

There are five kingdoms in this world, major kingdoms though there are a number of smaller kingdoms they stay out of most of the wars

Ethoras, the primary kingdom for the human race consisting mostly of them though of course with any kingdom adventurers are allowed through regardless of race because of the guild that was created for that purpose it sits in the northeastern part of the world taking up a major continent there is no other major kingdom on it

Gerce the kingdom of the Chezarans this kingdom dwells upon the continent of Verstice which their cousins the Kosans also dwell the two races are actually older then the human race and for the most part they don’t war with each other having solved most of their differences millennia ago however when they do fight its so bloody and vicious that every other kingdom refuses to get involved

Acaraus the kingdom of the Korsans they too dwell on verstice, which is in the southeastern part of the world and their situation, is the same as the Chezarans though they live in a world with a lot of magical devices and such

Namane the kingdom of savages which dwells on Tri-Star the northwestern continent illari is cold and damp filled with human and other races that consist mostly of barbarians and berserkers hence the name they constantly fight with each other as namane is ruled by various separate kingdoms that make up one major and so wars are periodical and fast though usually little more then pissing contests

And finally the kingdom of Ilacred the dark kingdom the kingdom of the vampires and werewolves as the land there is constantly night and dark few other races dwell there though there are some this land is full of dark energies and blood they dwell on Geruda the dark continent in the south west

The continents and their positioning and environments

Itaras the continent to the northeast is the one where Ethoras dwells mild climate and fairly muggy and generally mild the temps are average at a solid 75 degrees in summer and 35 in winter consisting of nearly all terrains but Iceland’s

Verstice to the southeast is rougher and very different then Itaras with temps upwards of 135 in the summer and –20 in the winter shifts from extremes with arid rocky land and fields with a good bit of mountains and a large desert

Tristari is to the northwest of the world and is bitterly cold all the time with icy and snow being its primary landscape its temperatures rarely reach 15 degrees and the ice never melts the people there are very tough and hard

Geruda the continent of darkness because of the rotation of this planet and the way the sun is positioned this part of the world is always dark though because of geothermal energies maintains at a steady 60 degrees Fahrenheit it has no summer or winter or seasons as a result since its always night there

Common myths bout particular races that are dispelled here

Vampires are not afraid of the sun and do not die from it however being creatures of the night their powers are greater at night and some of them cannot be used in the daylight also they do however subsist on the blood of other races or animals that is a fact and because of this fact it makes them weak to holy magic and light magic however things like crosses or blessed water have no effect on them

Werewolves are intelligent and completely able to shift at will they can do it night or day

But like the vamps their power is greater at night and with the full moon it gets even stronger they live in packs rather then kingdoms and unlike many stories the weres live peacefully with the vamps so long as they are left alone

sorry in advance for double posting

Edited by Emotional Outlet

the first part of my actual story again sorry for double posting and thank you to Talena Mae for editing my atrocious grammar

Agarsia

Chapter I, The beginning

I laughed softly as I crossed the gates into the town of Itan in the kingdom of Ethoras a major trading center and a large castle city to boot with a duke living here lots of places for a novice adventurer to find work.

With everyone moving along the main street I decided to go to the adventurer’s guild here so that I could find some work within my level so I turned left at a junction and headed for the spot marked 'ADV Guild' on the signposts as I followed it to a large but plain building.

I walked inside to see what looked like a bar essentially but a fair bit bigger as nearly hundreds were gathered here talking chatting or looking for info as I approached the desk the old man behind it gave me a smile and I knew right away he was the guild master a man of the guild sworn to secrecy anything you told him would forever be kept private as he is trusted with the personal info of all adventurers with the guild.

The Guild master looked at me with a gentle smile and asked, “Well met young one, may I see your Identification please?” with a smile I pulled out a small card made of metal with runics on it and handed it to him the cards are written in a language that only Guild masters can understand as he looked it over and smiled, “Well welcome to the Itan guild Renzourin what do you wish of me?” I smiled back and said plainly “I seek work here for a novice adventurer though I’m not beyond trying something harder but I would prefer to work alone as I’m sure you can understand

The guild master nodded sagely at me and smiled “Of course young man I understand perfectly why you wish to be alone,” he moves to the back area of the counter and pulls out some papers in a folder handing them to me to look over. “Lately,” the master starts speaking “there has been attacks on the supply caravans that carry food and supplies to a small village to the north that is suffering through some hard times because of drought, the attacks have been frequent and very vicious and most of the caravan is slaughtered we the guild would like you to go and defend this caravan if at all possible if not we want you to determine the enemy strength so that we can assign a proper guard to it”

I nod gently and inquire “How much does this pay?”

The master smiles at me before replying “It pays about five hundred and fifty gold for just the determination and two thousand gold If you can successfully defend the caravan, the reason I give you this job is because of your talents as a necromancer, do you think you can handle this one?”

“Of course” I boast, “I’ll take the job, when does the next caravan leave?”

The master grabs the papers from the counter and moves to put them away, with his back to me states “It leaves in the morning, you should find an inn and take a rest there. I am sure it will be difficult, will you be needing any magical supplies?”

As I walk out the door I call back “No sir, I should be fine with what I have. I came well prepared.”

The master laughs softly under his breath “I’m sure you are going to do splendidly then”

next part

Chapter 2

The Encounter at the Inn

After having left the guild hall I made my way to the nearest busy inn while normally many would use a less popular inn being young and from experience I tend to find that most ignore you in a large inn so I found the perfect inn it was probably the biggest and most busy inn in the city with people coming and going all the time as I look at the inn and approach my back starts to shiver and my senses alight with spiritual tingles, something lived in this place and it was quite powerful. The feeling only got worse as I entered.

As I walked through the door the innkeeper greeted me with a smile he was taller then I, had short brown hair with a slim build and a moustache, “Hi, how may I help you today?”

I smiled warmly as I replied “You have a spirit in this place, a strong one at that. Do you need it removed or dealt with?”

The man's face shadows in alarm as he reached for his sword, many necromancers are feared and hated because of fools spreading rumors. Also because of the shadowmancers, necromancers who turned real necromancy into a parody by introducing dark arts and magic into its teachings. Sadly they are more common then real necromancers so most common folk have a hard time distinguishing the two.

Which is why the necromancer guild was created, as a means of recognition that I am indeed a necromancer and one who is good. When I saw him reaching for his blade I quickly reached into my shirt and pulled out the guild emblem I wore around my neck, the symbol of those who belong in the guild.

The man immediately relaxed and smiled “I see your of the guild, yes I have one. The thing appears often at night and makes a lot of mess before morning, if you can remove it I'd be greatful and would be willing to give you a decent room for free for as long as you need.”

I nod in agreement and he hands me the keys to my room “It's on the second floor, right now for this nights fee it's twenty gold. If you can remove the damn thing consider the room yours any time you’re here.”

I handed him the gold and walked up to my room, unlocking the door before entering I notice immediately that its well kept. It was not the largest room I had seen, but with the size of this place I was not really surprised. The bed were wide enough for two if necessary. The room had a sink and a small bathroom, also very small area for a kitchen. The furnisher was very plain and inexpensive

I took the majority of my gear off laying it next to the bed before crawling onto the firm mattress falling instantly asleep until nightfall.

I awoke feeling the spirit, I quickly put on my cloak and strapped on my gear. I headed downstairs the innkeeper who sourly looked at me and spoke “It's here again and as usual its making quite a mess.”

I turn and look into the main area where most dined and drank and saw the spirit it was male. He was throwing everything around and was apparently fairly powerful judging by the spectral essence that was coming off of him. However I noticed something else he spirit had been corrupted, I could see the energy flows coming off of him in unnatural waves and gave off the feeling of madness and insanity.

I turned back around and addressed the innkeeper “That spirit has been driven mad by some force or another. I want you to get everyone whose still up onto the second floor this is going to get ugly here.”

The innkeeper ran up the stairs signaling to the others to get up and follow him, once he and the others have made it to relative safety I moved into the promenade. I closing my eyes for a moment as I pour mana into the bracelet I wear on my left arm. A spectral shield emerges from it as the spell having been engraved into the bracelet activates. I quickly step forward and almost immediately the spirit notices me. He turns to face me, I notice his face is covered in red energy.

In a flash it charges, intent on killing me. I raise the shield to block his charge and he crashes into me trying to push me into the wall as I struggle to hold my ground “God-damn-it this thing is strong”

I struggle to push him back as I shout into the air my right hand flicking out ”Flames gather into the palm of my hand and streak across the open plains to turn the land black!” my hand a large fireball appears and launches at the spirit striking it with a large explosion of red angry flames I smiled knowing I had hit, then snarled as I saw whips of spectral energy fly out and impale my shield sending me flying backwards.

Hitting the wall my breath leaving me for a moment I cry out hoarsely “dark clouds gather your strength and deliver your charge upon my enemy!” I lift my hand into the air and bring it down as a large bolt of lightning smashes into the middle of the smoke left over from the explosion. A loud ethereal scream had me covering my ears as the smoke cleared from the lightning spell. I watched the spirit writhing in pain unable to move from the lightning coursing through its body. Holding both arms out level with my shoulders and say powerfully “spirits that dwell within this land I beseech thee to rise up and stand aid me in my fight so that I may put this poor spirit to rest!” The air seems to shiver with power and several spirits rise from the ground taking the form of men and women who had rested underneath the inn, they as one turn to me and nod as I say

“Grab him and hold him down!”

The spirits rush out and grab the wayward spirit many of them doing what I could not and holding him still as I approach slowly. I energize mana into my right hand making it glow eerily before my voice raising in tone and volume calls out, “Dark power that possess this spirit madness that inflicts the mind I call forth the power of judgment upon thee be gone from this spirit and go back to the hell from whence you came!”

I hold my hand out and a spear of spectral energy pierces the spirits heart and it screams as the energy first floods his body then expands outwards the red energy that swirled around him evaporating under the new light that shined forth from its center and when it was done the spirit seemed at peace

I smiled at it and said “Go now spirits and I thank you for your work this day” The spirits I had called nodding and disappearing leaving me alone with the now purified soul in front of me “so now what to do with you I wonder?”

He turned to look down at me and said in a ghostly voice “I don’t know but thank you for saving me”

I smile at him “You're most welcome, can I ask a question?” the spirit nods and I continue “Can you fight? I mean in your life were you a warrior?”

The spirit thinks for a second and nods “Yes I was a warrior, I was pretty good with a sword why?”

I grin widely and say “I’m in need of a contracted spirit to fight with me would you care to make that pact with me?”

The spirit thinks for a minute and says “Well what does this mean will I be bound to you for as long as you live? Id like to rest sometime”

I laugh “Relax this pact is completely voluntary and if you want at any time you can break it and go about your way basically it means that you pledge your service to me and enter my body so that when I need you all I have to do is call you out and make a body for you whether it be skeletal golem or undead I don’t know it depends on the situation, so are you interested?”

The spirit smiles “Sure why not”

I grin back “All right here goes” I hold out my right hand as runics start to appear on the flesh “I Renzourin Kiteras hereby do offer this pact of friendship and loyalty to you spirit of the afterlife to take and to serve me for as long as you wish to do so do you accept this pact and join me in my ventures?”

The spirit holds his hand out and grips mine “I Seteira Venati take this pact and accept it with pride” and with those words the two of us are surrounded with light as he suddenly compresses and enters my arm runics becoming burned into the flesh as a sign of the pact that had been made

I nod up at the innkeeper who saw the whole thing “I’m going to my room now I need some rest as I’ve got a job to do in the morning”

He tilts his head forward “All right young man I'll see you in the morning the room is yours” Half asleep from exhaustion I head up the stairs and gratefully fall onto the bed.

Hm... If it were mine I would change it from first person into third person >.>

I also found some things I personally would love to edit for you ^.^ But I really enjoyed reading it. When are you going to post some more?

Half asleep from exhaustionI head up the stairs and gratefully fall onto the bed.

Needs a space: Half asleep from exhaustion I head up the stairs and gratefully fall onto the bed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...