Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z [Xbox360/PS3]

J-Lord

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

DBZ-Battle-of-Z-Announce-Jump-LQ_zpscbe5

Recently a new DBZ game was announced for PS3 and Xbox 360, Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z. Now not much is known about this game besides the fact it has Ultimate Tenkaichi's Art Style and you can now have multiple player/people in one battle. The Game is also to feature the New Super Saiyan God form from the new DBZ Movie.

At first glance I was unsure about the game but now I am quite excited about the game, make your own mind up and let me hear your thoughts. Watch the Trailer below.

Trailer: (New as of 20/9/13)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HQONj17VM

Old Trailer:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyK1_rEWBII

Edited by J-Lord

the super saiyan god thing is a little weird to me but it looks like a pretty cool game, reminds me a lot of the old budokai 3 game which is my favourite dbz game to date simply because I loved how it was done and it was enjoyable. I hope this one captures a little of that and gives us something interesting and unique, not just some badly done tekken tag ripoff in dbz form.

• Like 1

Once I read long time developer Spike was gone, that alone got me interested in this title!

Imagine the possibilities, 1v4 2v2 (of course only if it's confirmed we can change the number of teamates we can have)

Keeping an eye on this title 4 sure!

The only negative for me is the character models (they look straight outta Budokai 3 for the old PS2)

besides that little gripe all else sems to be looking up and cannot wait for a possible 2nd trailer at the Japan expo soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Since my last post a Demo has come out onto the Xbox 360 console, I am not sure about PS3. A few years ago I had money to spend on any new game that took my fancy now a days all games I buy must be worthy in re-play value and keeping my attention for more than a couple of minutes.

after playing this Battle of Z demo I can say that any doubts I had for this game 'have' been confimed. In my opinion the game has a nice concept and looks good but it seems to be like Ultimate Tenkaichi in a few ways. The game play is limited to a few moves that you do over and over again and the 4 vs 4 gameplay feels a bit much at times as the lock on system in the demo is pretty flawed.

Bad Points in Demo:

- Lock on System: Not once did I lock onto the person I wished to fight and even when I wanted to swap over to him I ended up going through half of the other team before I could lock onto my target, even though the other players I was locking onto where on the opposit side of the level. It just feels flawed and puts you off the game in some ways

- Combat system: Punch and Kick attacks are limited to what seems like 1 combo with a few heavy hitter attacks thrown in. For long match's you kind of get bored of doing the same thing over and over. Has some nice small energy attacks that you can use over and over but even they have there flaws, such as the ki blast you can only fire one at a time and seems to do bugger all.

- 4 vs 4 fight system: Can feel a bit chaotic at time, especially when your trying to lock onto and ally to revive him in a short time limit with a annoying lock on system.

Good Points:

- Graphics: Graphics and character designs are nice (even though they seem a lot like Ultimate Tenkaichi's)

- Blasts: There is a gauge in Battle of Z that you must fill to half way before you can get one attack with some real fire power. The reason I rate this attack as good as it has the power and intensisty that seems to bring back your love for massive kamameha blasts that you see in the anime. But paired with the horrible combat system, waiting to use this attack can be quite the stretch especially seeing as if someone on your team uses this attack, you have to wait.

- 4 Vs 4 Fighting: Wait how did this get here and in the bad section!! Reason is the conecpt behind it is great and I did have fun in some of my 4 vs 4 fights. Just the combat system behind it needs to be improved to turn it from chaotic to something of beauty.

All in all I wont be getting this game, not if it stays the way it is. I feel like if I buy it I will be wasting money on another Ultimate Tenkaichi, which is sad seeing it has been ages since we have had a good DBZ game.

Edited by J-Lord