Verity's GFX Showcase

Verity

ragnasig_by_consumedbyvacuity-d63gkno.pn

minato_arisato__persona_3__tag_by_consum

These are all great, but these two are my favorites. You've got a really neat style, it's a style I try to emulate sometimes, but can never pull off. So kudos for that!

Thank you. I used to only go about making sigs by smudging, but I got tired of it.

• Like 1

Absolutely love the Persona one and the Ash one!

im not an expert but im pretty sure thats a trainer red render. i have quite a bit of him in my render collection =)

i love all your work verity. i look forward to seeing alot more. and im about to start going to school for I.T. security and computers and decided to take a GFX & multimedia course as well. maybe i could learn a few things from you =)

• Like 1

hmm it seems like a generic style to me and it looks kind of strange on a light skin u wu  i can't help but feel like i've seen that exact same background making method before as well. i know it's the c4d usage, not anything else, so i'm not faulting you or anything.

please don't take that the wrong way though!  just about anyone can pam some c4d behind a render an call it a day, but with most of the work you've posted so far, it looks good.  the tags that make your style look the best are the one with the guy in the bird mask [forgive me, i have no idea who that is lmao], where the c4d almost makes it look like he's in space, and the persona 3 tbh.

• Like 1

hmm it seems like a generic style to me and it looks kind of strange on a light skin u wu  i can't help but feel like i've seen that exact same background making method before as well. i know it's the c4d usage, not anything else, so i'm not faulting you or anything.

please don't take that the wrong way though!  just about anyone can pam some c4d behind a render an call it a day, but with most of the work you've posted so far, it looks good.  the tags that make your style look the best are the one with the guy in the bird mask [forgive me, i have no idea who that is lmao], where the c4d almost makes it look like he's in space, and the persona 3 tbh.

This may sound silly but what is "c4d"?  I've never seen that term before.

long story short, it's abstract 3D render.  it's supposed to add depth to  piece, but when it's used wrong [and much too often, it is], it looks like a cheap as hell copy/paste job. here's a useful link

Wow, thanks.  I had never heard of this before.  I know I don't use Photoshop to its fullest.  So it's cool the learn something new about it.

I know what you mean. :P

c4d isn't my best style by any means. Before April, I spent almost 2 years doing nothing but smudge signatures, so I'm still learning the proper ways to use c4ds, since I never bothered to use them. 

When doing smudge stuff, the focus of the piece is primarily the smudging, so there's not much room for c4d usage, except for the ones that create lighting.

Thanks for the feedback, though, I appreciate it.

Here's some fo my stuff from when I was doing smudging. I'd have to really dig my stuff up to show you the ways I used to go about smudging, but everything from this year was me trying a different approach that gfx designers seem to have started doing. xD

sasuke_by_consumedbyvacuity-d60k0tg.jpg

prototype_by_consumedbyvacuity-d60kbr6.j

byakuyakuchiki_by_consumedbyvacuity-d60m

susanoo_by_consumedbyvacuity-d60u86a.jpg

akuma_by_consumedbyvacuity-d621n1i.png

sasukeyeah_by_consumedbyvacuity-d631tjd.

Using c4ds is a MUCH different approach than what I'm used to, as you're constructing the background purely from either c4ds, a stock, or textures.

I get what you mean from some people just copypasta c4ds into the background. I try to use bits and pieces from different c4d renders to make the background look as natural and dynamic as I can, but I'm still learning. :P

My current one would be my favorite overall, since I went about it in a totally different manner than I was accustomed to, and it came out better, since the c4d placement gave the piece a good deal of depth, but I still have much to work on.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Edited by Verity

wow the sakuya one is /beautiful/.

personally, i use brushes and layering to make my backgrounds, or i just work with transparency by making my own renders. i like bright, colorful things so that reflects on my graphic making too > w> my work is kind of scattered all over the showcase section since i never made just one thread for it all. but yeah, i think one of the most important things about making a graphic is experimenting with new styles, merging it with some older techniques and putting a piece you're proud of forward. i hope you'll be entering the sotw competitions!

Definitely will. Thanks!

I'd be much better if I had consistent years of practice. Because of different things that happened throughout the years, I would always lose access to Photoshop, or just stop for 5-6 months at a time. I've been designing since November without stopping, so I hope I can continue to do so.

I'll go check out some of your stuff, too.

Edited by Verity

Nice man, some of your C4D sigs styles slightly resembles a russian style I gone accostume to seeing in the past years. Well to be frankly honest, I been out of graphics design for an very long time now. Due to that, I started to lose my vocabulary when to comes to graphics terminologies. Your second sig is paled off a bit and with it's unique colour tone you often see that is overused with the russian's sigs.

Well an easier way to explain is to post a sig or two I suppose:

pour_it_up_by_toxickhroeger-d5lpdel.png

mistress_by_toxickhroeger-d5lop1n.png

Anyways, it just reminded me of the old times when I used to see plently of russian sigs.

• Like 1