Hello There

Verity

Was talking to a friend over Skype about some forums that were pretty big, and this one came up, so I decided to join.

I like a lot of anime/manga, clearly. I'll get to that in the appropriate forums.

For some info:

I'm Verity, I'm 20.

I have been gaming since I was very little, starting off with Super Mario Bros, and working my way up, sticking with Nintendo and Sony since.

I am an avid RPG player. My absolute favorite series is Final Fantasy, with Pokemon and The Elder Scrolls close behind.

I also play FPS, Turn Based 'Tactics' games, MMOs, and others.

Aside from gaming:

I practice digital design as part of my schooling. I focus on making website templates, as well as user interfaces. I have a hobby in making forum signatures, and other things of that type.

I very much enjoy music. It i the thing I am most passionate about in my life.

I'm also very 'scholarly' in the way that I pursue knowledge. I love learning, especially social sciences, and cosmology.

Feel free to ask anything else.

Hello there!
Wow, you sound really interesting and probably a fun person to talk to.
I really like your choice of forum name too. It sounds really pretty.

If you don't mind i shall ask you a few questions:
'What music do you enjoy listening to most?'
'What kind of online games in particular do you play?' (cause we could get together to play something!)
'Which Final Fantasy is your favorite and why?'

Looking forward to your answers.~ nwn

Hello there!

Wow, you sound really interesting and probably a fun person to talk to.

I really like your choice of forum name too. It sounds really pretty.

If you don't mind i shall ask you a few questions:

'What music do you enjoy listening to most?'

'What kind of online games in particular do you play?' (cause we could get together to play something!)

'Which Final Fantasy is your favorite and why?'

Looking forward to your answers.~ nwn

Thanks! 

I identify as a metalhead, so I like Death Metal, Doom Metal, and random other metal. However, I prefer softer sounding stuff. In Doom Metal, I like Katatonia, My Dying Bride, and Paradise Lost. My absolute favorites aside from those are Porcupine Tree (prog rock) and a lot of the Electronic genre, as well as a bunch of Indie. I have a last.fm to track all of that haha.

The Old Republic mainly. I'll play anything as long as it's good, so feel free to add me or PM me and we'll play something.

Final Fantasy IX. The characters were interesting, themusic was phenomenal, and the story was tops.

Welcome to the forum, Verity! I also like tactical RPGs, they usually go about my pace, haha.

I see you've already been making some posts here and there and settling in, so if you do run into any problems later, let us know. Enjoy your stay~

Thanks! I loved the Tactics Final Fantasy games. 

Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

Welcome to Kametsu! I hope that you enjoy your stay. I heartily approve of your choices in games, my favourites are all RPGs as well. Can't say the same for your music, personally I don't listen to lyrics that aren't enunciated properly.

Anyways, for a question. Would we be able to see any of your digital design works?

Welcome to Kametsu! I hope that you enjoy your stay. I heartily approve of your choices in games, my favourites are all RPGs as well. Can't say the same for your music, personally I don't listen to lyrics that aren't enunciated properly.

Anyways, for a question. Would we be able to see any of your digital design works?

Curiosity prods me. What do you mean by 'lyrics that aren't enunciated properly'? If you mean that by the harsh vocals, I can agree to some extent, however a majority of my favorite music is very easy to listen to. Katatonia for example, while being a 'Doom Metal' band, is quite a soft sounding band, always with soft lyrics. It is the harmonies constructed by the guitars that give it the Doom feeling.

Waiting until I have 15 posts to set my avatar/tag before I make a showcase. xD But yes, I'll definitely show my stuff!

Example of my 2 top favorite bands.

- Porcupine Tree - Prodigal

- Katatonia - Sweet Nurse

Edited by Verity

Hello Verity, welcome to Kametsu. Do any of your friends happen to be members of the community as well? If so, do you mind me asking who it was that referred you for curiosities sake?

Mario was one of my first video games as a kid as well. I can remember being 3 or 4 years old and playing Mario and Duck Hunter with that orange gun for the NES. Ah, good memories. Final Fantasy use to be my favorite jRPG but FF13 and everything that has came after that as ruined the series for me. My favorites though include FF4, FF9, and FF10. I played Pokemon as a kid, but I haven't played since Crystal for the GBC. I lost interest in anything further in the series. I hear now they're doing fusions and supposedly Mewtwo and Digglet fused and made this weird look hybrid.

I've never played Elder Scrolls, but I've been interested in wanting to do so.

You're more than welcome to show off your graphical work in the Graphics section of the forum. Would be interesting to see some of your web designs.

I haven't really listened to that type of music, but Katatonia sounds pretty sweet! Hope you stick around.

Hello Verity, welcome to Kametsu. Do any of your friends happen to be members of the community as well? If so, do you mind me asking who it was that referred you for curiosities sake?

Mario was one of my first video games as a kid as well. I can remember being 3 or 4 years old and playing Mario and Duck Hunter with that orange gun for the NES. Ah, good memories. Final Fantasy use to be my favorite jRPG but FF13 and everything that has came after that as ruined the series for me. My favorites though include FF4, FF9, and FF10. I played Pokemon as a kid, but I haven't played since Crystal for the GBC. I lost interest in anything further in the series. I hear now they're doing fusions and supposedly Mewtwo and Digglet fused and made this weird look hybrid.

I've never played Elder Scrolls, but I've been interested in wanting to do so.

You're more than welcome to show off your graphical work in the Graphics section of the forum. Would be interesting to see some of your web designs.

I haven't really listened to that type of music, but Katatonia sounds pretty sweet! Hope you stick around.

Yeah, his name on here is Pandemonium, I believe. Aside from that, I'm in the dark as to whether or not any of my other friends frequent here.

Do it. Skyrim and Oblivion are amazing. Morrowind is epic.

And will do.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Personally Oblivion is the best, mainly due to the fantastic mods that were released and the better storyline.

Curiosity prods me. What do you mean by 'lyrics that aren't enunciated properly'? If you mean that by the harsh vocals, I can agree to some extent, however a majority of my favorite music is very easy to listen to. Katatonia for example, while being a 'Doom Metal' band, is quite a soft sounding band, always with soft lyrics. It is the harmonies constructed by the guitars that give it the Doom feeling.

Waiting until I have 15 posts to set my avatar/tag before I make a showcase. xD But yes, I'll definitely show my stuff!

For the lyrics, I was focusing more on Death metal. Although screaming is ok in small amounts, I dislike death growl and pig squeals so I tend to stay away from it. Doom metal isn't bad, not what I typically listen to but still enjoyable. I tend to keep an open mind to music (I enjoy everything from classical to original hip hop to techno to some black metal).

And I look forward to seeing your sig/avatar. I might have to put in a request when I tire of my current sig set.

• Like 1

Personally Oblivion is the best, mainly due to the fantastic mods that were released and the better storyline.

For the lyrics, I was focusing more on Death metal. Although screaming is ok in small amounts, I dislike death growl and pig squeals so I tend to stay away from it. Doom metal isn't bad, not what I typically listen to but still enjoyable. I tend to keep an open mind to music (I enjoy everything from classical to original hip hop to techno to some black metal).

And I look forward to seeing your sig/avatar. I might have to put in a request when I tire of my current sig set.

Sounds good. =] I'll open up a shop as well at some point.

Wow, very interesting. In the gaming sense, you'd get along with Minkseru well,  He's a very big gamer, who has also played since he was little.  I'm also a signature maker myself.  Right now I'm the only one with an actual shop open at the moment.

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll get along famously here.  :)

Pleased to meet you.

thanks! And will do. ^_^

Awesome.  Hope we can be friends.  Also if you should feel like, since your into GFX and are quite good.  You should open up a Request Shop for people to request your work, if you want to that is.  Also we have a couple graphic contest that we hold weekly and monthly.  You should check them out.

I was planning on entering the next SOTW. As for a shop, I was planning on it on other forums, but this one is way more active, especially in the gfx section, so I'll probably make one here.

Feel free to add me and what not.

• Like 1

I was planning on entering the next SOTW. As for a shop, I was planning on it on other forums, but this one is way more active, especially in the gfx section, so I'll probably make one here.

Feel free to add me and what not.

That's great.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.  The stuff in your showcase is pretty good.