Anyone here run a Skype group?

GeekyAlex

I've done voice chat on Skype with some of the staff here, it's not really that hard to start a group, haha. You just dump everyone into a group and fire it up.

A few years back, we'd randomly dump everyone from the forum into a big group chat on MSN and those were lots of fun, even if Koby would run out on us almost every time.

It's pretty pointless when we have IRC, which is made for chatting. Hence why IRC stands for Internet Relay CHAT.

Though, if you want to make a Skype group, that's up to you, I just don't want people being little whiny bitchy babies like they were over the ChatBox when it was here. We wouldn't be able to moderate the Skype group like we can the IRC channel either.

The only advantage to Skype is that we could occasionally hold voice chats if enough people were on with mics.

My skype is listed in my profile. Though I rarely login as everyone I talk to tends to lurk in IRC (it's more popular than even the forum) anyhow.

Since MSN merged with Skype, I've been having the same issues I had with MSN, where every single time I try to login it pops up saying they believe someone else is using my account and thus forcing me to change my passwords (despite no one actually doing as such). Its why I eventually just stopped using MSN.

It's also odd that since the merge, depending on whether I login with my msn account or my skype account... I seem to have two different contact lists despite both being connected to my Skype username. I only see my old msn contacts if I login via my msn account. Anyone else have this issue?

My skype is on my profile too.

I'm hardly ever on though lol. There's these group of people who always want me to chat and stuff and so I try to hide from them occasionally since it's like every night. :P

Though if there's any cool live skyping events going on I wouldn't mind joining. Like if there's a meteor about to hit Earth we can all talk about it until our untimely deaths.

I once was a part of a live skypying (is that even what you call those things???) thing when Durarara!! was showing on Adult Swim. Was much fun talking about every scene in real time.