SOTW #109: Magical Girl Anime

wonTi.jpg
Signature of the Week #109
Theme: Magical Girl Anime!

Rules:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, April 5.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by poetictragedy

[VOTING]

Rules:

• All votes are to be submitted by Tuesday, April 9.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

Example:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

Entries:

Dreamcastor

Cardcaptor-Sakura_zps57b6febd.jpg

playlamegetfame

v1fef.png

firedogx10

sotw109_zpsbe6a8e60.png

Loki

Sht71rk.png

Breathless

sailorm.png

Apollo

plutocopy_zpsa11eeafb.jpg

poetictragedy

9a82wVT.jpg

Edited by poetictragedy

I dunno who that is, but I meant more like anime in the magical girl genre, such as Cutie Honey, Pretear, Princess Tutu, Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon, Madoka, you know, that kind of thing.  Unless that's the main character from Cardcaptor Sakura, which would totally be okay because that's definitely in the spirit of magical girl anime even though I haven't actually watched it lol

• Like 1

Apollo - I really love yours and I love Sailor Pluto.

Poe - Yours flows quite nicely together.  The only reason I didn't give you first was because I love Sailor Pluto a lot.  Otherwise, it was a tough tie between you two.

firedogx10 -  Yours is quite cool.  Seems a a little bit empty, but that is my personal taste.

Breathless - I almost voted for but liked firedogx10's just a wee bit better.  My one complaint about yours was the your username is really difficult to see., Loki - For some reason it seems you didn't put as much work into this one...just not as awesome as your other stuff you've done., plgf - You've had this one for quite a long time as your sig, and although it is good [it was a though decision between yours, Breathless's and firedogx's.]  I found that I like the ones I voted for just a bit better.  I would have liked seeing something new from you.

Edited by Dreamcastor Rei

Loki, Apollo, and Poe's entries all look like they made the background then slapped a render ontop last minute. There just isn't really any sort of blending or flow happening to make it look like it fits. For that reason neither of them hit my top 3 despite looking alright.

When making a signature, you should always ALWAYS pick your render first and then build your background around it. This way everything flows nicely, the lighting is all coming from the same source/direction, etc...

1. playlamegetfame - great job.

2. firedogx10 - Looks graphically well made!

3. Breathless - I don't like the border and the text doesn't really fit.

This week was really hard for me to pick because I liked the theme so much :) All of yours was awesome and I wish I could pick 2 of each lol

breathless-I love sailor mercury!

firedogx-I like it, its got alot going on for it, though it's hard to tell who it is probably my only criticism :)

Apollo- I love sailor pluto!