Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

I would assume cause EO mentioned putting a picture for one of her articles that they could be included. I would also assume that captions and stuff would be good, especially in the gaming section and tech section.

I would also assume that I am right, but at the same time assumptions are something made without evidence, so I assume I may also be wrong...lol

So how many articles will we be publishing each for the first issue? I mean we don't want too much do we?

Two per category. If, for some reason, we end up with a massive number of a certain category, we can do a special issue where it's nothing but Gaming or nothing but Anime & Manga.

I would like to request access to the shared folder.

You should be hooked up, let me know if you can't see it on Drive!

Do the articles have to be straight text, or could pictures and videos be used as well?

Multimedia experiences encouraged but not mandatory, so pictures and videos are okay, haha. I wouldn't go so far as to do just a video in lieu of a written article, but yeah, it's cool. Just be aware that if you do some fancy formatting on Drive or your word processor of choice, we may not be able to replicate the fanciness on the forum.

ACK!!! EO you thief!! I was writing articles on POV and when too use them, then when I went to upload I see EO has already done a little series... you charlatan!! lmao

Lul. Well, like I said, it's fine if people cover the same subjects as long as there's enough difference to warrant the "duplication". I'm sure everyone has their own perspective on the benefits and pitfalls of certain POVs. Just don't want to do like four straight issues of nothing but POV, haha.

But yeah, everyone should keep an eye on the table of contents for each category and update it whenever possible, even if you haven't written it yet. This way people know what you're doing and can either chat with you about it or can drop the subject themselves and do something else.

• Like 1

All good. Will I be pushing my changes to the draft subfolder until I'm finished then do one more push into needs editing? Should documents strictly only exist in one subfolder at a time (i.e. delete the draft when I push to a pre-production folder)?

Also, due to the nature of news (you know the whole thing about being out of date within 5 days), I'm probably going to be pushing my articles a little later so things aren't completely old when they come out in production.

Edited by Dae314

Hagi: Your article looked good from what I saw. :3 I'll give it another look later when my stomach doesn't feel like it's going to explode.

Drafts won't be touched by editors. Items in the "Needs Editing" subfolder will be touched. Touuuuuch. The Drafts folder is mostly for people to work in. My personal Drive space is a total mess, so having a dedicated workspace is useful for me, haha.

If you want to keep a copy in the Drafts, that's fine, but the table of contents should reflect the status of the copy we're going to post. You can leave a note saying you have a copy in Drafts if you want, haha.

Things will flow from Needs Editing to Completed and finally to Published when it shows up in the newsletter, so there should only be one copy of the article at any time between those three subfolders.

Do I need to broadcast notices somehow so editors know when a new draft has been pushed into pre-production? How will editors get assigned to tasks? Do you think we can draw up a comprehensive, detailed project workflow that covers all the working units and how they interface with the other units?

(that last one was a joke)

A better idea might be to edit the OP and add some more FAQ stuff for writers and editors so when a new person inevitably comes on, you can just refer them there.

Edited by Dae314

I stalk the Drive for recent activity and litter everyone's articles with stupid comments. If you hit the Recent tab on Drive, you can actually see what has been edited, what's new, &c &c.

Right now I'm just tackling articles as they come in because I probably have the most free time of our editors and it's not overwhelming, but as things become more regular, I'm fine with people working on things as they arrive or deferring to the others if necessary. If it needs to be delineated, it can be, but for now it's not. Maybe in the future if it starts getting outrageous, haha.

I can pretty up the OP tomorrow, haha. Or put a FAQ of sorts into its own thread, I don't know what's more convenient for people. Part of the reason why I want a little subforum for the newsletter, but we can work with what we have. :3 I just know some people are deathly allergic to long posts and find all the guidance/structure we're building into the project to be overwhelming or stifling. It is flexible, though, so if we're finding certain things aren't working out (like if people don't like the Drafts folder or the word count is too restrictive), then we can address them as they arise and work stuff out. Nothing is set in stone other than we're gonna do this.

tumblr_m1goy7EINt1qgnjcf.png

It is still a work in progress and the reason why I'm not pushing for release on the first. We're figuring stuff out as it comes up, so the first post will probably undergo several makeovers... and probably the entire thing as we streamline the process to suit our needs, lul.

I should have my next one up soon...probably before the end of the weekend.  If not a couple.  It depends on how this weekend turn out.  I hope to actually hang out with people in real-life for once...if they don't bail on me again...-sigh-

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

tumblr_lxkjlgMawY1qf04yf.gif

• Like 1