Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

Geez...I was only trying to give a laugh in the middle of this discussion while still contributing a piece of conversation.  Whatever. Anyways, "Informer" seems to be something we all agree on for the most part.

As far as the "cynaide and happiness" thing...Ive never heard of them before.  I came across that by complete accident.  I thought it was funny.   Guess not for anyone else thou.  So I apologize.

I didn't think the conversation was that serious, haha. I referenced the end of the world to allay Hawk's worries that we'd leave him with the full brunt of editing and we had a little Doctor Who jam. My primary issue was that it was out of context--my general indifference to Explosm is a distant second.

Anyway, it's done and over with, let's just get moving forward, haha.

===

I don't want to make any final decisions on the name until most of the crew have weighed in, but if it starts getting close to publishing time and no one else has said anything, I will go ahead with the Informer.

===

For those curious on our progress, it is still early so I'm not expecting a flood of articles at the moment, but here's what we have so far:

Graphics -- Two articles written and one being planned

Gaming -- One article written

Entertainment -- One article written

Art & Lit -- One article written

Anime & Manga -- Two articles written

And this is after a week, so I think we're progressing at a nice pace so far.

tumblr_m9gcwaXdHx1qzckow.gif

Again, I'd like to encourage our content writers to build a buffer of articles in case they need to vanish for a minute or life gets out of hand. As long as we have something to use from you, even if it's months old, not being present for publication won't be a strike against you.

For categories with more than one content writer, we'll be alternating between writers (unless I'm one of them, then everyone else will go ahead of me regardless). I ask that people work it out between themselves and let the editors know who's going to go first--it won't be a big deal after this first publication, because then we'll be alternating.

===

Finally...

All articles will be due on the 12th of March.

If you sneak it in on the 13th or 14th, I will throw paper airplanes at you, but you won't get in trouble or nothing otherwise, haha. Just don't make it a habit, and really really try not to be late for this first deadline!

• Like 1

Okay, I just wrote up a rough draft for an anime review and (tried to) fix up my feature article. Hopefully they're not full of terribad grammar. Anywho, I'll be heading off to sleep now, I'll have another read through tomorrow and fix up anything I, or anyone else sees.
/Edit: I just realized they both fall under 'Review/Feature', does that mean we have to split them up into two seperate issues? or do we just go all #YOLO, and put them in the same issue? (My first article is kinda news-y, so maybe it can fall under them both!)

And so we're going with Kametsu Informer? Cool! I'm a bit late to the party but if we're still looking for suggestions um.. Kametsu Rave? Kametsu Times? And call me crazy, but I kind of like "Kametsu Newsletter"!

Edited by Breathless

Kametsu Newsletter is very pragmatic indeed, haha. I like any of the three--Informer, Times, and Newsletter, so whatever the majority wants is fine with me. It does look like we're going to end up with the Informer, but we have time yet for some brilliant suggestion to fall into our laps.

The Kametsu #YOLO

I did label your Springtime one as a feature because it seemed kind of feature-y, but it can definitely also function as a news bit, haha. RazorDan said he was wanting to write an anime review, so what'll probably end up happening is we'll go ahead with your Springtime article as a news bit and then his review. Next issue will have your review and we'll go from there.

I'm not going to be super particular about making sure an article fits exactly one function, long as we have two per category for each issue. If we end up needing to go ahead with two reviews for a category, then that's what we'll do. The article outline in the first post is just a guideline for people to work from, not a strict standard, haha.

• Like 1

Sounds good! :3

Series and miniseries are pretty helpful, I think, as far as creating regular content. Because of the word limitations, the setup we have now kind of lends itself to that. Not to mention it's a way to make people keep coming back, because they'll be expecting the next part. (Or they should be anyway, haha.)

===

Also, as far as oversized and undersized articles go, since it's come up more than once now--I think having them every once in a while is fine, as long as it's not something that happens regularly. There's nothing wrong with either splitting things into two parts to yourself a little more breathing room or trimming down the fat. And if you need to reach for a few more words, you could cheat and break apart all of your contractions, but otherwise we'll help you beef up your content. (Not with real beef.)

• Like 1

I did label your Springtime one as a feature because it seemed kind of feature-y, but it can definitely also function as a news bit, haha. RazorDan said he was wanting to write an anime review, so what'll probably end up happening is we'll go ahead with your Springtime article as a news bit and then his review. Next issue will have your review and we'll go from there.

Gotcha! I had an inkling that it was going to be like this when I read Ren was going to write a review. Sounds good!

./Edit: Oops. I just noticed, I wrote Springtime Fun with the intentions of it getting out at the start of march so it may be a tad out of date mid-march. Oh well. Shouldn't matter too much.

Edited by Breathless