Return of the Kametsu Newsletter!

WELP, despite some ridiculous IRL events including but not exclusively my laptop screen falling off my computer, getting food poisoning and almost breaking my neck; my articles are finally being written.

Personally I reckon we should post a couple articles for all the sections. Splitting it just makes it somewhat unwieldy imo. I'd rather there be too much content than too little.

Well, what we prefer and what others prefer may vary quite a bit, haha. I know time is a factor for a lot of people, and breaking it up into smaller chunks may make it more appealing to readers. I'm perfectly willing to read a lot of content at once, but for people who only have a few hours a day to dedicate to the forum, seeing long posts tends to result in glazed over eyes.

For content writers, having that extra time can help them feel less rushed, feel less pressured and put upon. Real life comes first, so I can't be overbearing and demand that volunteers dedicate exactly this much time to something they are doing for little to no recompense.

If I see a lot of people dropping out because of time constraints, or if I start getting people who feel the two week deadline is too restrictive, I am definitely going to be giving this set up far more consideration. Until then, since most everyone seems comfortable with how it is now, nothing will change.

With a deadline looming in at three days, I just want to finalise a few things.

The name -- No one has weighed in on the issue in a while, so presumably the Kametsu Informer is still a go. If there are any last minute objections to this, let me know, otherwise we're going to press on with this name.

Article locations -- Most articles that call for editing have been edited, so I'm going to be moving pieces to the completed folders and dropping a comment in case any of the content writers don't notice the move. (You should get comment notifications in your email.)

We don't quite have the backlist of articles I had hoped would build by delaying publication for a month (dream big), but hopefully as this picks up speed and people get into the rhythm of things, it'll be a less painful process.

Sorry, my back log got procastinated.  LOL!  I got Sims University and have been playing it pretty much non stop and I have my siblings over this weekend...so I may have troubles concentrating...they are 12 and 5...LOL!.  Anyways, I'm going to try and write today and tomorrow.  As far as the name of the newsletter...I have no objections.  I also agree it should not be split up.  Timing issues would be problematic. 

@Rune - I hope everything gets better for you.  :)

I know this a random question but I be curious...has a color/group been decided for the usernames of those working on the newsletter??

Edited by Dreamcastor

I say yes to the name.

When we edit an article, do we automatically move it to Completed? I guess I was kind of waiting for the authors to do that after they looked over my changes, haha.

I heard from the computer store today; they actually had my laptop running, so hopefully, it'll stay that way, and I'll have it back soon. That's really the main reason for me not writing articles.

I generally leave comments about any changes and it goes from there.

I've left comments saying stuff was good to go after dialogue and didn't receive a lot of replies after that. Nor did I see pieces being moved after saying that, so I guess either people are missing the comments or they feel uncomfortable with moving it themselves, haha. I don't mind either way. When piecing it together, it'll be looked over once more anyway.

I know this a random question but I be curious...has a color/group been decided for the usernames of those working on the newsletter??

No headway has been made on the group, since Koby is the only one who can create new usergroups, haha. A subforum would be useful for planning instead of a singular thread, but that is also out of our hands.

No headway has been made on the group, since Koby is the only one who can create new usergroups, haha. A subforum would be useful for planning instead of a singular thread, but that is also out of our hands.

It's okay.  It didn't hurt to ask.  I was hoping to hear somBTW, I finished another article finally, but didn't know how to move it to needs editing...so I gave up and said you guys would handle it.  Sorry it took longer than I thought to get another one in.  University came out and I couldn't stop playing it.  LOL

You should be able to drag and drop, or hit the folder button when viewing the document. It should open up a file tree for you to navigate and place the file. :3 I dropped in there for you anyway.

And no worries, I'm not mad that there isn't a whole bunch of articles, haha. No one's getting paid for this, it's pretty much free labour. One day.

(I got University too, but I'm holding off on starting it until all my mods update. I hate playing vanilla.)

I just copy and paste my article into it then hit save lol with the name of it, it takes like 2 seconds haha. I don't mind us having a special name but at the same time I think everyone will know who we are so we don't really need them and it isn't like it gives us any power here, it'd just be a title, the real power is over the google drive which is limited to editors

Purple is nice. It is my favourite colour along with pink.

The only colour I can think of that we can use is some shade of green, since reds and oranges seem to be limited to moderation, blue is graphics, and yellow is uploads. I don't know what the service crew does or what the purpose of that group even is. I don't think anyone but a bot is in that group anyway, and also I don't like brown. We also seem to have a defunct RP group, what colour are they? These things confuse me.

• Like 1

Well, all is not well in the land of rune. I doubt I'll be able to finish my article on time as my computer up and decided to brick itself a couple of days ago. It seems the idiot computer technician, who insisted that I take my computer in to get it "repaired" when I went shopping for a new screen bracket, did not replace the HDD properly, which caused it to short out. Consequently he is denying all involvement.

I may be able to use my housemate's computer to finish it off, but it is low on my priorities at the moment. Sorry guys, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

EDIT: On a side note, when we were discussing getting something like this back in the day, a white or off white name came out pretty good. It would be especially good now with the standard skin be a dark colour

Edited by Anras Rune

Well we can wait on your articles Rune until you're computer is fixed, a lot of ppl seem to be getting technical difficulties which is unfortunate, I'm also suffering some but luckily nothing I can't fix easily.

I do NOT want a pink name, I'd rather have either the green I mentioned or a dark blue name, darker then the GFX ones

Ah sorry, I kind of didn't touch my Review article because I thought it wouldn't be going in the first issue, haha. So, Thanks to the editors that neatened it up and got it rolling!

This is probably bad, but I did change it once more. So I'm really sorry to the editors but you'll have to proof-read it once more. (really, sorry.)

- I changed the 'messy' few sentences around the middle, and the OP/ED part at the bottom.

Edited by Breathless