wonTi.jpg

Signature of the Week #104
Theme: Pop-out!

This theme is more difficult to fit within the size limitations, but please do your best.

Rules:

• All entries are to be submitted by Sunday, February 17.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check this thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.
Edited by Apollo

[VOTING]

Rules:
  • All votes are to be submitted by Wednesday, February 20.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.
Example:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

Entries:

Breathless:
popout.png

Dreamcastor:
Pop-outMio_zps1a712265.png

firedogx10:
popangel_zps9da9d74c.png

Edited by poetictragedy

Breathless -- It's unique, definitely something I haven't seen a whole of before, if at all. It gives it more of a 3D feel, like the characters really are popping out. I also like the touch of stretching the text to add to the effect.

firedog -- It's dynamic and dramatic. I thought at first the white lines were, like, skinny tentacles?? It looks cool, but it was a little weird at first, haha.

Dreamcastor -- I love the font and how playful it looks. The colours in the main part of the signature didn't quite sit well with me, though, and made the effects you created look muddy and confused.

Breathless: really good job i've never seen a pop done that way very cool. one small thing the red and yellow glow blur was a little to tall so it cuts off, but you have to be looking for it to see it.

Dreamcastor: really good job with the text i like the style and how you placed it. the color scheme in my opion could use some work, and the same with the blur on the renders tail at the top you can see were it cuts off.

both did really great jobs with the styles they used.