Romance Anime

spinelli39

With Valentines right around the corner I've been been in the romance watching mood. I however, am running out of good ones (that I know of, of course) to watch! I'm just about finished with Love Hina and I just watched Please Teacher and Maid Sama. I really liked the latter two and thought the first was alright.

I don't normally watch school shows I normally like more story line to it. Examples my favourite anime being Kekkaishi, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Sailor Moon, Full Metal Alchemist,  Code Geass etc.

Anime that I have watched off the top of my head that are not listed above are:

Maburaho

Ookami San

My bride is a mermaid

Girls Bravo

OHSHC

Fruits Basket

Zero no tsukaima

pretear

kaze no stigma

Crescent Love

Buso Renkin

Inuyasha

Dragonball

I do not like tear jerkers though so please none of that :)

Any recommendations would be awesome thanks guys :)

No... tear jerkers? Well, this is a pickle! Most romances I watch tend to be exactly that.

Well, Toradora is good! I won't lie, I teared up during it. But it's not a tear jerker! It's just REALLY good. -> Based in school though.
Nodame Cantabile is quite good. I think it's a Josei, so it might not fit your tastes.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga is good, quite funny. -> Based in school though.
Tsaogare Otome x Amnesia, Again, quite good and funny. Maybe a bit of a tearjerker. -> Based in school though.

... Honestly, I'm not even sure what counts as a tear jerker and what doesn't. I might just be a cry baby, I actually shed some tears for all of those. LOL
I really can't think of much more, which is actually strange because I *KNOW* I've seen more than that. I'll come by again if I remember any more.

I did a quick search for romance in this subforum, so maybe some of the old threads might be of some help to you. I confess I did not click through all the threads that just had "anime recommendations?" or some variation as a title, but there might be some buried within those generic threads.

Good anime romances?

Good anime romances? (This is a different thread than the one above.)

Tear-jerking animes? (Might help to cross reference, maybe.)

Romance Anime

The Romance King Is Shareing His List

Romantic Anime

Thanks so much. I'm definitely going to watch Chuunibyou demo Koi ga(This one looks awesome!) and toradora, and I was looking at  Nodame Cantabile contemplating but after you recommendation I'll definitely consider it.

As a clarification I meant super sad tear jerker :).

And also thanks emotional outlet, I did search through this forum and saw a couple of those threads but didn't think about doing a search for romance. That's kind of a major duh moment :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...