Also doubles as a generic autumn thread!

Show us your costumes, your plans for costumes or themed parties, your autumn recipes, anecdotes from that one time you were drunk and stumbled into the woods and thought you saw Slenderman but it was actually your brother in a suit, your pumpkin carvings and paintings, Halloween decorations around your home or neighbourhood, and anything else you can think of related to Halloween/related spooky holidays or autumn! (Not Thanksgiving, though--we'll cross that bridge when we get there!)

You can also share your horror poems, prose, and art--post them up in the Art & Lit section and then link them in this thread! That way you can advertise your work and bring all the sweet, sweet comments to your own threads.

tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow.gif

Couple years back I went to a haunted corn maze--might do that again. It was loads of fun. And corn. Lots of corn. So much corn. I'm not much of a party person, so there will be a shortage of stories of drunken antics while dressed up as a kitty-cat from me.

Oh, and just a reminder that NaNoWriMo is coming up in November! If you like to plan, now is the time to start!

Alright so my plans for (the time frame of) Halloween.

So the 20th. I might go to a haunted house. We all went last year. I was the cooool dude in the group (aka had no fear), another guy was the prankster, and the 3 girls were scaredy cats.

The 29th...MY BIRTHDAY... I think my friends are planning a birthday thing for me (I hope :<). I think we're going to shoot paintballs at zombies? I'm not sure.

The 31st. My cat's (unofficial) birthday! Lol we got her in October and we don't know her exact birthday so that's her birthday. She's black with orange eyes. Seems legit! Also her favorite pastime is hearing the doorbell ring all night which means strangers, which means people who want to kill her. It's the least we could do for her on her special day.

Then I'll be eating turk...Oh wait... The bridge is still under construction. Oops...

So yeah that's what I'll be doing.

I actually don't do much for Halloween, even though it's my favorite holiday. We don't ever get trick-or-treaters, due to living in the country, not having a sidewalk, and having an extremely long driveway. I usually just stay home and watch TV. Living the dream.

However! My family goes on a Halloween camping trip every year. There's decorations, pumpkin carving, costumes, and trick-or-treating in the campground. It's my favorite trip of the year. I just think of that as my Halloween.

And this is my pumpkin from this year.

Edited by poetictragedy

Haunted houses kill me; I'm a scaredy cat through and through. One time I even peed myself a little, I startle so easily.

tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow.gif

We've never really had trick-or-treaters--when I lived with my dad, we liked to pretend we didn't even live in our house, but that was an every day thing not specific to Halloween. I don't know what it's going to be like in this new neighbourhood--might buy some candy regardless just in case, haha.

And that is a boss pumpkin, Poe. My grandmother likes to send me painted pumpkins--I keep them on display for a bit. I've never carved a pumpkin, though, mostly due to my extreme lack of artistic ability.

Or maybe I did as a kid and I don't remember.

I love haunted anything. I get scared easily to but I just can't help but love the haunted. It sounds weird I know, but I guess I'm just a weird sort. I've only found to haunted places in which I wish to never revisit ever again cause they house evil spirits. I've always been in tuned to spirits...that might be why I love haunted places. Halloween is my favorite time of the year. I have made it tradition to always provide for trick-or-treaters...we don't get many because no one else on our street cares for the Halloween spirit. This year I got to find or make a kitty costume for our little Sakura...I will finally be able to get a new costume, I've had the same costume for the last 6 years...sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Woo! So we did go to that haunted house tonight right on schedule Actually today was quite busy because it was the big conference of the semester for a club I'm in at school. After we did that some of us went to the haunted house. There were 7 girls and 3 guys. Yeeeeeah. ;)

I thought the girl I was paired up with had a boyfriend or something... But not tonight. ¬‿¬

Also 200 posts!

They allowed us to dress up for Halloween at work today, but no one from the Drug Section participated. Apparently, our section is usually very much on top of the Halloween thing, so the rest of the lab was very disappointed with us. Last year, we did Alice in Wonderland (I was the Hatter). That was really fun, but this year no one could think of a nice group theme.

Anyway, my only plan for tonight is to stay in and watch TV. It's the season finale of Face Off!!!

• Like 2

I felt bad for him when he had to help out Nicole for the final challenge--I would probably be feeling a little sore too, considering. That staff he made, though! The witch didn't need it, but it was beautiful. You can tell he has a lot of awesome techniques in his head.

I wouldn't mind Laura winning, but Derek isn't my favourite. I dunno. I didn't really like his stuff as much.