Should I watch RE5

Xanodus

Should I watch Resident Evil 5: Retribution if I have never seen any Resident Evil films before? I know this question probably sounds stupid, but with so many fans here Im guessing you guys would know.

I am debating whether to go see it or not since I havent seen any of the previous installments of the series. Is it easy to pick out the plot in the FIFTH installment of the series? Or should I watch all previous films before i see this one?

Edited by Emotional Outlet

It's not really easy to pick out the plot since the fifth movie draws on a lot of characters from the previous movies and if you haven't seen them you'll be sitting there going who the fuck are they, why did they do this, wtf!? So yeah I'd reccomend not seeing the fifth one without any of the others. The storyline will probably be easy to pick out but you won't know what's really going on for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity I will probably wait 'til this film is out on DVD, and then wait 'til someone rips it and puts it online. I thought the first film was okay, because that did somewhat resemble Resident Evil. But, from the second film onwards they got worse and worse (Which I didn't think was possible.) I expect this installment won't be any better.

So, Ada Wong is in it. That's obviously to give something more for fanboys to drool over. Leon is in it. I bet he would be just as lame as Chris Redfield.

The films just seem to be a fanboy's wet dream. And for this reason, I hate them with a passion, because you can't truly say these films are "Resident Evil".

EDIT: Well I just read the plot summary for this... What the hell? It sounds worse than I thought it would be. And it leaves way for yet another sequel?

Edited by The Welsh Paddy

• 2 months later...