What food is good with a cold?

seirachan

I think California rolls are pretty bland, which might be what you want for your cold, haha. They're usually made with cucumber, avocado, and crab (imitation or otherwise--imitation is usually just a processed white fish made to look like crab). It wouldn't be the worst thing you could eat, but it wouldn't be my first choice of "get better" food.

I just stick to simple broths and fruit--nothing real complex. Apparently yoghurt is a good choice when you're sick--probably the stuff with actual probiotics, though. Drink some green tea--I like the flavoured kinds. Straight up green tea tastes like death to me. Ginger is also supposed to be good for you when you're ill--have some tea or have it made in a meal. You can also bathe in it??? I guess you make your tub a giant serving of ginger tea or something, lul.

Vitamin C is important when having a cold like Lolrawr said, even if you can't eat an orange or w.e while sick you can always take the vitamin C tablets.

Also soup is a clear no brainer food when being sick, they're usually pretty healthy too as long as it isn't a very creamed based soup which will probably give you more phlegm too, if you're having that problem. So just stick to anything the others have said and watery soups, chicken broth clearly is an easy one etc.

Meatwise you can eat pretty much anything, but you probz won't be able to taste it haha. Like the others have said, try and find foods with a lot of vitamins and stuff, EO mentioned yoghurt which would be a good choice but again, it's like cream so it'd make you produce more phelgm which means you'd probably end up in the bathroom spitting up a lot of gunk which is nasty btw lol

Hope you get better soon and that this helped some

Anything warm is a good bet. The whole "Starve a cold, feed a fever" saying isn't actually about food. It's about heat. as long as your temperature isn't too high, helping your body to sweat it out is a good thing.

As far as specific foods go.. chicken noodle soup, orange juice, tea sweetened with real honey (Regular store-bought honey works in a pinch... but the good stuff is always better. If you have a farmer's market in your area, see if there is a beekeeper. Fresh honey is awesome.) All good things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i find lemon squash helps when i have a cold, it's citrus so it has vitamin C, and it's bubbly so it will clear your nose! soups are greatm i love chicken noodle and cream of chicken, also drinking lots of water is really good for you when you're sick.

other than that go about eating as normal, your daily intake of fruit, veg and meat should be plenty to make you well again, unless you're like me and avoid vege's like the plague XD