I'm looking for something funny

Shmaw

I try to balance the anime I watch. Half of the shows have a serious tone, the other is for the lol's. I currently have a slot open for some humor, so I need help finding something. I have included a list of shows with a high comedy factor that I am currently watching and have already seen so you kinda get what I'm looking for. Also: any recommendations must be dubbed. (Nobody mention Lucky Star, I already tried it.) Try to refrain from light-hearted shows(heavy on romance and stuff like that). I realize this all specific and I apologize, but this is the reason I need help.

Currently Watching

Heaven's Lost Property: Forte

Pani Poni Dash!

Demon King Daimao

(I am about to try Okami-san & Her Seven Companions)

Have Seen

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Heaven's Lost Property

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time

Desert Punk

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

FLCL

Needless

Also: Some shows I've seen where it had comedy/serious: Angel Beats!, Soul Eater, Baccano!, Gurren Lagann.

One more thing: As I can tell that this is generally a random assortment of different types comedy, I will add my two cents in that I believe my preferred themes are parody, dark comedy, dirty jokes.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Funny:

Azumanga Daioh

Lucky Star

Okami-san & Her Seven Companions

Get Backers comedy/serious

Code Geass-Nunnally in Wonderland (OVA)

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia comedy/serious

Alright. I appreciate you taking the time to give some recommendations, and I'll probably check a couple of those out, but next time could you actually read my post because half of your recommendations aren't within the parameters I set (no dubs and I've already seen). Anybody else got some?

One more thing: As I can tell that this is generally a random assortment of different types comedy, I will add my two cents in that I believe my preferred themes are parody, dark comedy, dirty jokes.

Try Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemi. And Ping Pong Club.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Martian Successor Nadesico is really funny, and it is not 100% light-hearted with some pretty nice romance. If you liked Gurren Lagann at all, you should like this, as it's basically the less serious version of Gurren Lagan.

Edited by mr2ert