Books!

..... I got 6,000 books on my computer. and every one that has been mentioned on the post so far. As for the Dresden Files, I have never seen the show. I love the books so much I don't think that I could handle the show. It would be a disappointment I believe. I am currently reading the last book right now and have gotten stuck. If I go on and finish, then it is over.

If you're talking about Ghost Story the ending practically tells you there's going to be another after it. At least as far as I know. I've also not found anything suggesting that the series is at an end, not on Jim Butchers website anyways. Also, Dresden Files RPG ftw.

Not to bring the show back Prometheus but to redesign it to match the books and create a new series, the REAL dresden files. I think fans would be much happier with that.

Rep, I know what you're going through with the not wanting to finish it so it isnt over, I do that a lot with tv shows and animes, I wont watch the last episode so it doesnt end, although I usually end up watching it a few months later when I rewatch the series because by then I want to know how it ends...Still a little sad when a good show or book ends though...But I can always watch it again or re-read it

that is bad, but this is the first time in a dozen of his books that it is making me depressed. I am waiting to finish it after finals. I read the series so fast, a book and a half a day!!! I want it back!!! I can't wait for the next one. Though I have a couple of other series I am wanting to read as well. The reason his books are so awesome, is that they are all supernatural and in first person in a "Male" point of view.... most books like this are all First person Female.

EDIT: I haven't got there yet Prometheus... it is making me sad. he said that he plans on going into the lower 20's so I think that we are good.

Edited by Reptoholic

Not to bring the show back Prometheus but to redesign it to match the books and create a new series, the REAL dresden files. I think fans would be much happier with that.

Rep, I know what you're going through with the not wanting to finish it so it isnt over, I do that a lot with tv shows and animes, I wont watch the last episode so it doesnt end, although I usually end up watching it a few months later when I rewatch the series because by then I want to know how it ends...Still a little sad when a good show or book ends though...But I can always watch it again or re-read it

that is bad, but this is the first time in a dozen of his books that it is making me depressed. I am waiting to finish it after finals. I read the series so fast, a book and a half a day!!! I want it back!!! I can't wait for the next one. Though I have a couple of other series I am wanting to read as well. The reason his books are so awesome, is that they are all supernatural and in first person in a "Male" point of view.... most books like this are all First person Female.

EDIT: I haven't got there yet Prometheus... it is making me sad. he said that he plans on going into the lower 20's so I think that we are good.

Lower 20's eh? I like the sound of that. He's just such an amazing story teller. I don't think there's a single character in the series that I don't like. Even Nico and his band of merry men appeal to me. I'm practically drooling for his next one, I just have to endure and keep reading the ones I have.

Ah I see, that is a unique format of writing and I agree most stories like that are told from a Female's point of view. I'll have to find out for myself when I pick up the first book in a few days

Enjoy reading it and the series. You won't regret it. Getting the first 6 books for 20$ was the best purchase I ever made in life.

• Like 1

Ah I see, that is a unique format of writing and I agree most stories like that are told from a Female's point of view. I'll have to find out for myself when I pick up the first book in a few days

You won't regret it, I can promise you that.

I hate to one up you, but I am still singing for joy that I got 6,000 books free for my kindle. :) I kind of ride a high every time I think of if:)

Edited by Reptoholic

Thanks I will, maybe I'll get lucky and get the first 6 for 20 bucks too lol but I doubt it

I'll hold you to that promise Rep lol

I hate to say this but I don't think you'll be able to find them for that price. The only reason I was able to get them that cheap was because I was invited to a private book sale at the Newmarket warehouse of Pearson international.

I second that promise.

Thanks I will, maybe I'll get lucky and get the first 6 for 20 bucks too lol but I doubt it

I hate to say this but I don't think you'll be able to find them for that price. The only reason I was able to get them that cheap was because I was invited to a private book sale at the Newmarket warehouse of Pearson international.

I second that promise.

Lol I dont think I will be able to either but if the first book is good and I like it I wont mind shelling out the money for the rest of them.

I second that promise.

Lol I dont think I will be able to either but if the first book is good and I like it I wont mind shelling out the money for the rest of them.

It's totally worth it. I'm actually working on getting a second copy of all the books to replace my original copies when I inevitably wear them out.

• Like 1

lol you must read them a lot if you're in need of doing that, I don't think I've ever read a book more than 5 times

Eh, get to work 20 minutes early, two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. It adds up. I'm also ashamed to say I'm really hard on books. It's getting to the point where I don't even hold them anymore, they just stay open on their own.

You need a digital copy.... they always last and you can have as many copies as you want.... unless we go back to the stone age, then we are all screwed.

True, in a way. It'd be good having a digital copy to back up as many times as I want. But I find that there's just something about having the actual physical book that makes it more...uh, immersive I guess is the best word to describe it.

• Like 1

You need a digital copy.... they always last and you can have as many copies as you want.... unless we go back to the stone age, then we are all screwed.

True, in a way. It'd be good having a digital copy to back up as many times as I want. But I find that there's just something about having the actual physical book that makes it more...uh, immersive I guess is the best word to describe it.

I agree, reading a digital copy just isnt the same as holding it in your hands

I agree, reading a digital copy just isnt the same as holding it in your hands

Indeed, there's just something about being able to grab a book, curl up on the couch and getaway from the glowing screen for a few hours that just makes reading so awesome.

I know the feeling, but I don't have deep pockets.lol. I love having the book in my hands, but I will take them where I can get them. I got so many now, and I don't have to worry about getting any for a while. It doesn't beat the real think, of course, but it is better then nothing. Kind of like downloading :) would love to have them all on disk, but can't afford them all. :too_sad:

I know the feeling, but I don't have deep pockets.lol. I love having the book in my hands, but I will take them where I can get them. I got so many now, and I don't have to worry about getting any for a while. It doesn't beat the real think, of course, but it is better then nothing. Kind of like downloading :) would love to have them all on disk, but can't afford them all. :too_sad:

Lol I dont have deep pockets either, I dont plan on buying too many books this first time around

Just give it time. I've been building my book collection over 5 years.