Were any of the Espada at Vasto lorde level?

shyguysteve

I flip through the fillers and what not and noticed that they mentioned vasto lorde being the highest class of hollow but never intrduced any from what I've seen in the anime. The anime also suggests that there are so few Vasto lorde in hueco mundo that you could count them all with your fingers. So I'm asking if any of the espada were at vasto lorde level and if being changed into espada made them stronger or if neither is true why did Aizen not persuade these powerful hollows to join him and boost there power even more?

It's not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that the first three espada were said to be created from Vostro Lords. And besides, the second espada must have been one since he was the rulerof H.M and the first espada was stronger than him(thereby making him a VL as well). So only confusion is with the third espada.

Nope, guys Ulquiorra wasn't a VL. Only the 1st, 2nd and 3rd espada were VLs, you see. But i have to say, Kubo should've made Ulquiorra a VL too seeing he is widely considered to be the strongest espada.

Where did you hear that / what makes you think that?

1 is Starrk, 2 is Barragan, 3 is Harribel, and 0 is Yammy.

Espada are ranked based solely on their Reiatsu level. It can easily be argued that Starrk really didn't have much of any offensive power as based on the fight he was seen in. Barragan probably had the scariest ability of all and with it could have taken down any of the Espada he wanted. Harribel never really did much of anything, but she was healed by Orihime and thus managed to survive the war and became the new ruler of Hueco Mundo. Yammy was pretty much just an overgrown massive ball of Reiatsu with no real abilities at all and about as smart as a doorknob. Out of those, Ulquiorra had them all beat in terms of offensive ability and strategy. The only questionable battle would be against Barragan's ability. So I really can't see them being considered Vasto Lorde without Ulquiorra being one too (even if it's been kept a secret from Aizen, since no one knew about his 2nd transformation).

It's actually been rumoured from that I've heard, that Ulquiorra's 2nd transformation was that of a Vasto Lorde, and that he was the only one aside from Ichigo to have shown that ability. It's never been confirmed though. Has Kubo ever officially stated anything? You know how he likes to create massive plot holes all the time and never come back to explain things.

Nope, guys Ulquiorra wasn't a VL. Only the 1st, 2nd and 3rd espada were VLs, you see. But i have to say, Kubo should've made Ulquiorra a VL too seeing he is widely considered to be the strongest espada.

Where did you hear that / what makes you think that?

1 is Starrk, 2 is Barragan, 3 is Harribel, and 0 is Yammy.

Espada are ranked based solely on their Reiatsu level. It can easily be argued that Starrk really didn't have much of any offensive power as based on the fight he was seen in. Barragan probably had the scariest ability of all and with it could have taken down any of the Espada he wanted. Harribel never really did much of anything, but she was healed by Orihime and thus managed to survive the war and became the new ruler of Hueco Mundo. Yammy was pretty much just an overgrown massive ball of Reiatsu with no real abilities at all and about as smart as a doorknob. Out of those, Ulquiorra had them all beat in terms of offensive ability and strategy. The only questionable battle would be against Barragan's ability. So I really can't see them being considered Vasto Lorde without Ulquiorra being one too (even if it's been kept a secret from Aizen, since no one knew about his 2nd transformation).

It's actually been rumoured from that I've heard, that Ulquiorra's 2nd transformation was that of a Vasto Lorde, and that he was the only one aside from Ichigo to have shown that ability. It's never been confirmed though. Has Kubo ever officially stated anything? You know how he likes to create massive plot holes all the time and never come back to explain things.

Yeah, looks like i made a mistake. I was sure Harribel mentioned that the first three espadas were VL, so i said what i said before. But after rechecking i have to say sorry coz i made a mistake. It seems Harribel was the only espada to be revealed as a VL, and my mind made up the rest. Guess i need to be more careful from now on, about the infos i have, see that they are correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...