Licences

Guest Alchemist

Guest Alchemist

Ok, so what did you think of the licence board in FFXII. IMO, it was ok , but I miss the classes system of previous FFs (Where the members of the party had weapons only they could recieve). I also don't like how there is so much useless technicks/ magicks/ ect. on the licence board. I stuck mainly to augments, because most of the augments were usefull.

License Board in my opinion is pretty good. Better then the basic (US Version) Sphere Grid of Final Fantasy X.

Although I too thought there was a bit of uselessness to some of the items. I kind of wished the characters would only be able to use certain weapons again. Instead of any kind though, as it makes characters kind of lose who they are by allowing them to change. Such as Fran with Bows or Crossbows only, Balfier with Guns only. I'm sure they could have done some cool things with those weapons to give enough variety with them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the License board, Seems like a better version of the sphere grid, The class system was good but square is trying new things like their new battle system license board and sphere grid too see which one is the best in my opinion at least thats what I think, And you can make your characters stuff like Half mage and half theif

They are making a FFXII: International to where you get to select job classes and depending on your Job Class the style of the license board changes.

Too bad they didn't have that in the original release. FF12 International is only going to be released in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the vast range of different weaponry you could have for each character. I mean, yeah, each of them can use each other's weapons if they have the right licenses, but it's still cool to be able to change from a sword to a bow, or axe to a spear, etc. It gives more variety to the fighting styles each character has, yet still unique, as each of them fight differently with their weapons. :P The Augments were cool, and I like the way you could learn different magicks and technicks. I thought it was a really cool thing, and very similar to the Sphere Grid, which I also thought was pretty cool.

The License Board was fun and I enjoyed the freedom it had to offer. But after grinding for several hours that expansive board began to get smaller and smaller. At least the sphere grid took a while to complete.

I do hope that FFXII: International does see a release that fits its name.

• 1 month later...