Itachi versus Jiraiya

Leviathan

Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Jiraiya
    • Uchiha Itachi
    • It's a tie

Well guys, it's just like the title says, in an one on one fight between Jiraiya and Itachi who do you think will win.

Jiraiya has awesome offenses and defense. He can use different forms of the Rasengan. Not to mention that he can perform Sage Jutsu to certain extent. The toads he summons are powerful and can also use Genjutsu.

On the other hand we have Uchiha Itachi, wielder of the Mangekyo Sharingan. He is one of the best when it comes to Genjutsu and Ninjutsu, not to mention his Taijutsu.

Both of this guys have some superb abilities and is also known for their intelligence. So what do you think, who will win when these two power houses meet each other?

What can I say? It's like we have to calculate every possible angles to get this answer. If the battle continues for a longer period Itachi would be at a disadvantage duo to his Mangekyou. On the other hand, Itachi cannot be defeated while he has the Susanoo.

I would say that Itachi has a higher chance to win this coz Jiraiya needs time to get to Sage mode and Itachi isn't the type to prolong any battle. He would just use Susanno from the beginning and end it in one sweep.

Although, there may be other possibilities as well. If Jiraiya can survive continuous attack from Itachi's Mangekyou, then Itachi would simply be too exhausted and blind to fight.

But still, I give my vote to Itachi coz there is a higher chance of his Susanno killing Jiraiya before the Mangekyou fails on him.

Still, this will be one close battle indeed.

I remember a time in Naruto when Itachi was talking about confronting Jiraiya while Jiraiya was with Naruto. Itachi said if he were to face Jiraiya in battle then both him and Jiraiya would most likley be defeated/killed.

Sure Itachi is strong with all of his visual jutsu and Jiraiya has experience that Itachi mighten have plus the sage mode. If anything I would say it would be a draw, both would be defeated in this battle. If not it would be a close victory for the victor.

Personally I would go with Jiraya here. It's true that it takes time to activate the sage mode but once Jiraya activates it Itachi is finished. Itachi's Mangekyo Sharingan has a limit, he can't keep using it after a certain period of time. So even if Itachi uses Susanoo and Amaterasu to attack Jiraya, all Jiraya would need to do is dodge it. Though it would be a tough match and probably end in a tie, I would still say that Jiraya slightly has a higher chance to win this one.

I remember a time in Naruto when Itachi was talking about confronting Jiraiya while Jiraiya was with Naruto. Itachi said if he were to face Jiraiya in battle then both him and Jiraiya would most likley be defeated/killed.
True about what Itachi said, but he was probably just showing respect and warning Kisame of his strength. I would give the win to Jiraiya by a hair!

wow thats a tough choice, I wouldnt know who to pick their both cool characters to me. I guess Ill just go with Itachi because that mangekyo of his gives him too much of an advantage in most situations. I dont know how good of strategist Jiraya is so I really couldnt say who for sure.

Dude, Itachi's Mangekyo is a curse when it comes to drawn out battles. It's because of the limitation of his Mangekyo that he might loose against Jiraiya.

I dont think Itachi would let it draw out when he could end it in an instant with that mangekyo's help. he would be a fool to play around with Jiraiya like he was a low rank ninja. I certainly wouldnt draw it out if that were me.

I dont think Itachi would let it draw out when he could end it in an instant with that mangekyo's help. he would be a fool to play around with Jiraiya like he was a low rank ninja. I certainly wouldnt draw it out if that were me.

No arguments here, but remember Itachi is taking on no ordinary shinobi here. This is Jiraiya we are talking about. Taking out Jiraiya that quickly would be tough, even for Itachi with the Mangekyo. Remember, Jiraiya was able to enter Sage Mode while dodging Animal Path's attack. So to think that Itachi would be able to wrap things up that quickly would be too much. Itachi's Mangekyo is like a double edged sword, the longer he has to use it the lower his chances of winning this match becomes.

• 2 months later...

Itachi would definetly destroy him. How would Jiraiya counter Tsukiyomi or Susanoo? Jiraya doesn't have the speed nor jutsu to rival Itachi. Itachi destroyed Orochimaru (who happens to be alot better at genjutsu then Jiraiya) easily with a genjutsu. Itachi's greatest strength is Jiraiya's greatest weakness, which is why I will go with Itachi.

To be honest, this is one fight where I believe the outcome could go either way depending on how it played out. It'd all be circumstantial. Both of them know the others abilities, have sort of faced off against each other before, and such so I don't think either one would really be able to surprise the other with something completely unknown.

Jiraiya would have beat Pain had he have known the secret to his ability going into the fight. Instead he was stalling while trying to figure it out and that's what ultimately lead to his defeat. Jiraiya wouldn't have to do that with Itachi. Though, I'm pretty sure Jiraiya once said he wasn't very good with Genjutsu, which happens to be one of Itachi's strengths. However the toads could probably help out with that. Itachi's abilities are meant to end the battle quickly, otherwise he tires out and runs out of chakra rather quickly. While Jiraiya doesn't. Even if Jiraiya did run out of his normal chakra, there is always Sage Mode with Sage chakra, although he never fully developed it and took much longer to get into, which I'm unsure if he'd be given the time to do so against Itachi in the first place.

So I'm really torn.

I think it could go either way depending on the circumstance, although it is all up to the writer. They are both extremely strong, there is no denying that, but Everything is taken into account for a victory to be decided. The smallest detail in the scene could make the world of difference.

Jiraiya should win it, but he will take a beating and a half still.

Reasons:

1. Knowledge of sealing jutsu, the Fire Sealing Method in particular IS effective against Amaterasu

2. Jiraiya's earth release techniques (swamp of the underworld is a rather advanced one) are rather effective at "dusting up" the vision if used effectively. While this would be useless against a rinnegan or byakugan, it would be rather effective against the sharingan, and would be able to buy time at the least.

3. He knows the stare at the feet trick.

The fight would likely end with Jiraiya taking a rather powerful blow to the stomach with a hidden kunai of Itachi's, which would be a trap with the needle hair thing shredding Itachi up.

"You saw through my shadow clones so I knew the only way to get you close enough *cough up blood* was to use myself as the bait"

yup...

• 4 weeks later...