One Piece

Koby

One Piece Rating from 1-10.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. One Piece Rating from 1-10.

On 11/20/2016 at 1:16 PM, greatsaibaman said:

I think One Piece anime's pace is well-done.(compared to naruto lol) However the drawing is sometimes quite bad to me. May be its just the original manga being too good. 

i think one piece pacing is its biggest flaw and give me a sensation close to a cancer as it can comes

like many shonen where good ideas are used as a hostage and milk every penny out of consumer for profit and keep on repeating same boring story arcs with long drag out scenes,dialogues and predictable troopes with worse animation quality to date

one piece is famous and i have hard time understanding what is so great about this series after watching this close to 2 times 

thank god fullmetal doesn't have nearly as many problems that plague top fighting shonen series 

On 12/5/2016 at 9:30 PM, Koby said:

Yeah I think I might finally drop the show and wait till arcs are complete to watch the "One Pace" fan-edit edition. The show has just been going at an abysmally slow pace and it's killing all enjoyment that might otherwise have existed. When it takes 20 episodes to do something that should have been done in 1-3 episodes, you know something is up. Some of these episodes have nothing more than half a page of manga adapted.

even manga is slowly by slowly becoming uninteresting

characters specially straw hats never get development that is interesting

this series have sold  430 Million Copies and its going no where first last year i though we will be going to wano but now i to wait for 2 years until this arc end

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, pseudo said:

At least there's less filler in one piece than other shows, there were more non canon episodes of shippuden then there are in one piece and theres a 300+ more episodes of OP. 😁

You'd be wrong. Sure there aren't "filler arcs" in One Piece, but every single episode of One Piece has filler these days. So much so that 5 episodes often only has 1 episode worth of canon content.

In my opinion skippable filler like what we got in Naruto is better than ruined canon which is what we get with One Piece.

You can just skip the filler in Naruto, you can't do that in One Piece, because the filler in One Piece is padding. A lot of rehashing, a lot of standing around, and a lot of inconsequential time killing. As a result it requires a fan edit to reduce 5 episodes into 1.

Also your math is off. One Piece only has 837 episodes as of this post. Naruto had 720 episodes, if you don't count Boruto, if you count Boruto it's now up to 778. That's not 300+.

I am truly surprised to see so many 10s. I expected 8/9 to be the more popular choices. I gave it a 6. However, really it is a 1 because now it is 'unwatchable' for me.

23 minutes ago, Koby said:

You'd be wrong. Sure there aren't "filler arcs" in One Piece, but every single episode of One Piece has filler these days. So much so that 5 episodes often only has 1 episode worth of canon content.

In my opinion skippable filler like what we got in Naruto is better than ruined canon which is what we get with One Piece.

You can just skip the filler in Naruto, you can't do that in One Piece, because the filler in One Piece is padding. A lot of rehashing, a lot of standing around, and a lot of inconsequential time killing. As a result it requires a fan edit to reduce 5 episodes into 1.

Also your math is off. One Piece only has 837 episodes as of this post. Naruto had 720 episodes, if you don't count Boruto, if you count Boruto it's now up to 778. That's not 300+.

I would have to to see 'filler' quantified to agree if it has more or less filler than other long running series. However, I certainly agree with where you are coming from. Skipping filler arcs or episodes is much more convenient than skipping filler emended into episodes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You can't avoid fillers. Video just ends up going faster than manga by nature of the media. Either you skip them if they suck, or watch them if you like it. One piece is pretty good about not making massive arcs as filler, but you can tell when it suddenly comes out of nowhere.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, zeusodeion said:

I would probably drop One Piece if they started doing fillers.

Alrighty well feel free to drop it then. Considering the definition of filler is practically anything not in the source... and thus EVERY episode is padded with filler to make half a chapter (10 pages) go for an entire episode. Between the OP and Recap, there is usually only about 15 minutes of content in an ep. There is a reason the fan edit called One Pace that simply removes filler to fix the pacing is able to fit 3-5 episodes into 1.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great series, a serious "how-to" on world building and character development, that is as good as any TV show out there that I've seen.

Struggling with Fishman Island atm, seems like the big money rolling in was starting to take it's toll on the show. (spoiler alert: too much money/success ruins anything).

7 minutes ago, diarma86 said:

Struggling with Fishman Island atm, seems like the big money rolling in was starting to take it's toll on the show. (spoiler alert: too much money/success ruins anything).

I first started having issues with pacing around Thriller Bark myself, but after the time-skip, pretty much every arc has felt like it's crawling along due to a lot of padding. Made me drop my rating of the anime from a 9/10 to a 6/10 and it's stayed that way since. Most shounen feature 2-4 chapters per canon episode, but with One Piece, rather than do filler arcs to prevent catching up to the manga, they just adapt it slower. So many episodes adapt less than half a chapter.

It's because of this that during Punk Hazard, I finally made the switch to the fan-edit called One Pace, where they cut out the extra fluff: screen pannings, reaction shots, etc... and only keep what stays true to the manga. They manage to cut anywhere from 2 to 5 episodes down to 1. Dressrosa for example was around 100 episodes, but One Pace edition ended up being like 48. I might be off by a few, but I didn't bother to go check for exact numbers, just pulling from memory.

While I enjoy One Piece, I do wish Oda would start bringing it towards a conclusion rather than continue on endlessly for several more decades.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...