What did you have for Dinner?

Shazi

• 2 weeks later...

I have been taught french cooking methods and recently learned about american cooking and japanese methods. The cooking style i normally use is Italian because i'm a dago.

before i make dinner (about 7am) ill go to the store and pick up my supply's needed at the farmers market. While making breakfast i start to prepair dinner (parts of the dishes that need hours of setting time like marination of meat or slow cooking of dishes)

Since i don't need to work and have minimal expenses i got a lot of free time and get flustered if I am not working on a cooking project or programming a macro virus of some sort.

the point is not to make a lot of food but high quality food in small portions so you dont get full off of one dish and lack variety. I don't normally make more then 7 oz of a dish because i have no one to share the food with and don't want to waste expensive supply's and cheeses.

dinner yesterday was:

cioppino (main dish)

side dishes:

1. ravioli stuffed with spinach and bell pepper in alfredo sause (even made the noodels with my noodle machine)

2. linguine + sausage and fresh pesto and topped with broccoli florets

3. salad#1 panzanella (this is a bread salad but i added a little pesto to it)

4. salad#2 tomato mozzarella and basil - fast and easy to make also it packs flavor

5. risotto with parmesan cheese white dry wine and saffron

the project for yesterday was: lemon rasberry tiramisu (the dessert) made the savoiardi head so it was fresh that day.

• 2 months later...

I had roast chicked and roast pork (Thats right I had both) with roast potatos with chicken gravy. The reason for two roasts is not everyone here likes roast pork so the chicken gives them something to eat without them feeling left out. Plus I don't mind having both, it makes for an interesting dinner combo!