Cannibalisme Involuntaire

circusflames

In the catalog of bestiality we find the source of this full course meal

As long as you hold back you hunger your white apron will never be stained,

Nurturing inhuman impulses until the night screams for glory.

Reconcile with your emotions and teach them to watch the transgression of your madness

The immense fortune that I gathered only ended in misery for the victim

An elegant party of one reduced to feast on the pathetic attributes of passion.

Your jail cannot contain me from creating forbidden fantasies

Achieving transcendence as the succulent meat melts on the tip of your tongue,

Constructing a vile assassin out of this worthless human.

I remain invisible as I walk through the crowded streets,

You're unable to smell the infusions of blood that I have just devoured.

A revolting display sits on this silver platter, how can I justify my growing excitement?

Maggots follow me as if I were their king into involuntary cannibalism,

There is simply no prescription for the volatile disease that follows me into temptation.

These essential habits that I carry doom me to an animal's existence

Circumstances make it impossible for me to ever fall in love with another human.

Every gesture you make gives me reason to think you want me feed on you,

A cadaver with empty eyes lies on the floor before I even had a chance to say goodbye.

I am a human guilty of taking away your luminous future,

All I can think about is the macabre dessert that will await me when I arrive home.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Another excellent poem. I am very impressed with both of them. I love the dark tone, the pace and text itself seems full of emotion. I'd love to know who you favourite author and poet are, as these poems hark me back to some of my favourite short stories and horrors.

I forgot to mention my favorite poets are Dante Alighieri, Robert Frost, and John Milton. I prefer not to use rhyme schemes when I write poems because I feel this restricts the overall tone and its just gets messy for me, so I just write without restraints and try to have fun while I create a new nightmare.

When I took poetry in high school, people would get bent out of shape when things didn't rhyme. Do you write prose or only free verse poetry? You weave interesting characters that I'd love to see more of.

All of your stuff has been added to the index! (Except that new thread you just now posted--keeping me on my toes and making a liar out of me, haha.) Hope to see more from you, sir.

When I took poetry in high school, people would get bent out of shape when things didn't rhyme. Do you write prose or only free verse poetry? You weave interesting characters that I'd love to see more of.

All of your stuff has been added to the index! (Except that new thread you just now posted--keeping me on my toes and making a liar out of me, haha.) Hope to see more from you, sir.

I tend to only write free verse poetry. I've tried to write more poem that consist of a rhyme scheme but they end up diminishing my voice as a writer. I'm glad you took the time time to read my poetry, its only recently that I've begun to adapt my poetry into short stories. I always write a poem before I start a short story so that I know the overall, plot, theme, and characters that I would like to work with.