BBC Sherlock, Anyone?

r0cket

edit:found the spoiler button:)

did anyone notice the show's recent season ended like the movie in america?

hey. the reason why they all look similar is because the original ending writen by Conan Doyle has them both going over a waterfall to their deaths, which is why they used a version of that in the american movie. I'm not a huge fan of linking pages but feel free to look up 'The Final Problem' to see how they adapted it.

Whilst i have no idea if they are producing a new series of 3, Martin Freeman (Watson) is Bilbo in The Hobbit that is coming out at some point soon. So you can imagine his career will take a rocket boosted trip to the moon.. you never know though, it was a good adaptation :)

Whilst i have no idea if they are producing a new series of 3, Martin Freeman (Watson) is Bilbo in The Hobbit that is coming out at some point soon. So you can imagine his career will take a rocket boosted trip to the moon.. you never know though, it was a good adaptation :)

They will be producing a third series, hooray!

Also regarding The Hobbit, Benedict Cumberbatch is set to play Smaug the dragon in part two. It's a small world after all! I've heard it will be shot with a motion-capture suit, so it won't just be his voice. His career has taken a drastic leap as well, especially after Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (which I still haven't seen, grr) and War Horse. Freeman and Cumberbatch are both fantastic actors, so it's great that they're getting the chance to show it to a wider audience.

hey well that's good know. I was doing a little hunting to make sure i got my references right and found that the sherlocks for the bbc are written by the guy from league of gentlemen which was an excellent show if a little too black humour and not really my thing. And Moffat who wrote Coupling, which was genius and i'm yet to find a person who didn't like that show! well the english version at least, the american version was baaaaaaad... :)

amazing show! absolutely loved it. Cumberbatch is better than Downey Jr, who I also think is brilliant. I heard somewhere that there is gonna be another series but do not hold me to that! Moffat is also the producer of the current Doctor Who and I think that Sherlock suits him better as he seems to enjoy intelligent, thought provoking plots.

aMoffat is also the producer of the current Doctor Who and I think that Sherlock suits him better as he seems to enjoy intelligent, thought provoking plots.

Even though I love both shows, I prefer the way he writes Sherlock over the way he writes Doctor Who. I suppose the co-creator/writer Mark Gatiss plays a big part in that.

I love the way they still stick to the canon stories, and even throw little bits in that pay homage to those stories. For example, there's mention of "a speckled blonde" in one of the newest episodes, referring to The Speckled Band, another one of my favorite canon stories. It's things like that that make me extremely happy.

• 1 month later...

I preordered season two the other day. :3

I just cant get past how the actor who plays sherlock speaks

When I watched the first scene where you get introduced to Sherlock Holmes, I remember thinking how his voice was not what I was expecting at all. But I grew to like the "jaguar in a cello," haha.

Or are you talking about how his lines are written/delivered?

• 2 weeks later...
i really liked the series, first seen the episode 00 then the released ep 1 i thought episode 00 was better what about you'r guys opion ?

I liked the finalized episode 1 better than the pilot. I think the pacing is better because the final version was 90 minutes instead of 60. But there are some things from the pilot that I wish were in the final version; such as Sherlock's drunk act. Although, I preferred Sherlock meeting the villain, rather than being abducted. *shrug*