BBC Sherlock, Anyone?

r0cket

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

'Sherlock' Season 3 Teaser Features Shocks And A Mustache

"Sherlock" fans, the wait for Season 3 is almost over.

"Sherlock" Season 3 doesn't premiere until 2014, but the first teaser has hit the web. Season 2 ended with Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) apparently not falling to his death.

"There really are only a few ways you can fall from a roof and survive," "Sherlock" co-creator Mark Gatiss said at Comic-Con. “It’s not black magic."

What's ahead in Season 3? Mustaches!

>http://youtu.be/llGXWICGsD4

No premiere date has been set, but look for "Sherlock" to return in 2014.

Edited by poetictragedy

I want the next season to come out soon!!!!!!!! I hijacked it from a friend's hard drive and I infected another friend with it and now we are all eagerly awaiting more surprises, especially to see how Sherlock survives or fakes his death. I really love the tv series because it stays true to the novels and it brings the characters to life....unlike the movies which I disliked very much even if it's Robert Downey acting in it. 

Steve Moffat is much better suited to Sherlock than Doctor Who so I'm very excited!

I so agree! Ugh, I can't wait either. SO FAR AWAAAAY.

We have to be patient! :'( does anyone know a rough air date or is it just 'sometime in 2014'? Oh and personally I loved the Robert Downey Jr films too. The more Sherlock related media the better! With that being said, I still haven't seen Elementary. Any good?

I don't like the RDJ movies. But then again, I really don't like RDJ, haha.

I haven't heard any more specifics about the airdate, sorry!

I watched the pilot of Elementary. It was okay, but I couldn't help compare it to the BBC Sherlock. I haven't watched any more episodes, but I think I'll give it another shot. Everyone I've talked to, and even my mom, really liked it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

There's a new BBC Drama trailer that has a couple new Sherlock scenes in it, if anyone is interested.

I want to rewatch season two now. I think my favorite episode of the series so far is The Hounds of Baskerville. The Hound of the Baskervilles was one of my favorite original Arthur Conan Doyle stories, and the episode was actually pretty scary the first time I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sherlock is absolutely brilliant. I'm a fan of the original stories by Arthur Conan Doyle and I love how each episode takes a story and gives it a fresh twist. I feel that Moffat's writing in general ranges between really great and actually rather lame, but Sherlock is firmly in the 'great' category.

The American movies with RDJ were amusing, but didn't have much of a Sherlock 'feel' to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found season 3 of Sherlock slightly disappointing. It was overly dramatic and lacked the tight writing, gripping script that I have come to associate with the show. I think part of it has to do with the fact that they were developing the characters.

Many people appreciated the ending of season 3, didn't like it all that much. I won't get into why because that would be a significant spoiler.