Mass Effect 3 - The Choices come to Haunt

Nero D. Ace

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, we know that Mordin, Miranda, Jacob and Samara are all in the game, but I don't think they'll be actual party members. Bioware said they'll have less team members in order to have deeper stories between them. Also, weapon holstering was removed due to console memory limitations(as said by a developer on the bio forums) not really a big deal, but I will miss the bit of immersion and screenshot opportunities it provided.

There is a huge Plothole in Mass effect 2 though I guess it could count as a flaw. Anyone remember "Hey let's go on an unnamed mystery mission and jam everyone into the shuttle even though we only normally take 3 and leave the Normandy completely defenseles, won't want anyone to be left behind in case a collector ship finds us." that always bugged me.

I hate to be that guy, but.... technically if you read the codex (or whatever that journal thingy is) the shuttle can carry 12 + 2 pilots. And by unnamed mystery mission, im assuming you mean the "suicide" mission? Your crew is still aboard the Normandy and you've been gathering all these people for that last mission, i wouldn't really make sense to leave them on the ship...

(although i don't remember that bit about the "collector ship find us", i am on a replay so i'll find out soon).

Anyways, i can't wait. I tried to preorder the special edition for PC, but the EB Games is all sold out. Im gonna check a few other places then i guess i'll have to grab a copy off amazon. They still have the special edition of ME2, so here's hoping the'll have extras of 3.

Mass Effect 2 ending spoilers:

I'm pretty sure you can save everyone at the end of Mass effect 2 IF you do it perfectly. Anyone that has your trust from doing their side missions will live.

When Ashley and the biotics girl fight, Take Ashley's side. Then at the end of the game make the Biotics girl the shield, I heard that person doesn't die. I heard this from my ex after watching him lose a few of his partners so I never saw him try it that way.

I love Mass Effect, but it's too scary for me to play.

I hate to be that guy, but.... technically if you read the codex (or whatever that journal thingy is) the shuttle can carry 12 + 2 pilots. And by unnamed mystery mission, im assuming you mean the "suicide" mission? Your crew is still aboard the Normandy and you've been gathering all these people for that last mission, i wouldn't really make sense to leave them on the ship...

(although i don't remember that bit about the "collector ship find us", i am on a replay so i'll find out soon).

Anyways, i can't wait. I tried to preorder the special edition for PC, but the EB Games is all sold out. Im gonna check a few other places then i guess i'll have to grab a copy off amazon. They still have the special edition of ME2, so here's hoping the'll have extras of 3.

I'm talking about the cutscene that occurs right before the entire squad decides to leave the normandy(before the suicide mission) where a collector ship invades the normandy and abducts the crew and you have to play as Joker. They never explain why all of a sudden, instead of 3 people, you take everybody on to the shuttle, leaving only the Normandy crew on board, for some mission that, you never get to play and is never actually explained.

I'm talking about the cutscene that occurs right before the entire squad decides to leave the normandy(before the suicide mission) where a collector ship invades the normandy and abducts the crew and you have to play as Joker. They never explain why all of a sudden, instead of 3 people, you take everybody on to the shuttle, leaving only the Normandy crew on board, for some mission that, you never get to play and is never actually explained.

Oh ok, i vaguely remember that now, my bad.

Its been a year and im only part ways on my second play though.

I guess i better finish 2 , i seem to be forgetting a bunch of stuff :)

Well, I saw a guy playing ME2 yesterday and I think I may offer an explanation.

You know how when you go to the Citadel and you have the choice of switching between characters at any point? Well, it seems that EVERYTIME these guys go on a mission, they take the whole squad with them on the shuttle and then Shephard decides who goes onto the battlefield.

That could be true, but If I recall correctly, Miranda emphasizes the fact that all the squad members will be on the shuttle, like it's something that doesn't usually happen. Plus that still doesn't explain what the mystery mission that pretty much cost you your entire crew was, I'm guessing they probably had something planned for that part, but probably ran out of time.

I must admit, I don't know what would be better, taking back the casts from both or just one. The reason I say this is the fact of my little infidelity. Judging by the thread title, this was the original reason for the thread, so I'll get my dirty washing out.

When I played the first game, I instantly sided with liara on pretty much everything. Something about the "innocent" little hundred year old asari made her my fave, closely followed by everyone's favourite Quarian, Tali. Naturally I romanced Liara, and completed the game happy. When the second was annouced I thought "Yes! Another raunchy Liara moment!" then found out later she wouldn't be a squadmate. But all was forgiven by tali and garrus' comeback. Samara wasn't a romance option so the torch fell to Tali.

Now my predictament is...whats going to happen now? I am always a soldier in my first playthrough so this means my optimum team in the first was Liara and Tali, whereas in the second twas Samara and Tali. So, with the developers saying that most choices that didb't seem to affect much in earlier games, or have yet to have consequences, are supposed to be tied up in the finale......WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

(I must admit though, a bitch fight between Liara and Tali would be interesting to watch...lol)

Well, from what the developers are saying, cheating on someone you romanced in the first game with someone from the second game will have DIRE consequences for all three in the love triangle in the third game.

No spoilers, just suggestions but I think that of the three involved, in the best case scenario, 2 are gonna make it out alive, trying to get over the loss of the third one.

Hence, I'm gonna be using 3 different save files I've made over the last few months.

1) Ashley + Tali (This is gonna be my MAIN play through since they were the choices I made and am gonna take responsibility for. I'll pick Tali first in the Part A play through and then go with Ashley.)

2) Ashley + Miranda (Like Rune mentioned, CATFIGHT!)

3) Ashley + Forever Alone (A friend of mine actually did this so I'll just use that one in which he romanced Ashley in ME1 and resisted all temptations in ME2)

That aside, did ANYONE actually go with Jack?

As a Renegade, I think Shepard would have taken the hit for the team to make sure that the crazy psycho lady down there doesn't get too sexually frustrated and blow up the ship in the middle of space.

Although to be honest, I've never even seen what happens in the Jack romance cut-scene. Time to fire up YouTube, I guess.

There is a huge Plothole in Mass effect 2 though I guess it could count as a flaw. Anyone remember "Hey let's go on an unnamed mystery mission and jam everyone into the shuttle even though we only normally take 3 and leave the Normandy completely defenseles, won't want anyone to be left behind in case a collector ship finds us." that always bugged me.

your not the only one that always bugged me as well. you never take any one on this unnamed mission on which it seems you just leave the shuttle and come back what was this a holiday during a crisis time wtf bioware. honestly i wouldn't be so mad about it but it doesn't fit all of the sudden you leave your ship and your crew of the ship defenseless so you can go sip margaritas or what it doesn't even say what your doing.

• 2 weeks later...