AotM #3: Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

lemmingllama

So far I have really been enjoying this, and even the opening is slowly becoming better. As for story, other than the fact that there is a small part in the middle that isnt explained, its quite good.

So how can both of them survive being shot in the heart and with him getting shot in the heart twice and once in the shoulder???

And I really dislike Cal, unless she turns out to be a pro assassin who was just acting that way

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how can both of them survive being shot in the heart and with him getting shot in the heart twice and once in the shoulder???

And I really dislike Cal, unless she turns out to be a pro assassin who was just acting that way

Spoiler counts to those who haven't got up to episode 12

Yeah I didn't think about that I just accepted it but makes less sense now thinking about still would have sucked if they died half way through the series.

Not Cal she's my favourite character but that's probably because the English voice actor is one of my absolute favourites, always like an anime if she's an actor in it =).

Spoiler counts to those who haven't got up to episode 12

Yeah I didn't think about that I just accepted it but makes less sense now thinking about still would have sucked if they died half way through the series.

Not Cal she's my favourite character but that's probably because the English voice actor is one of my absolute favourites, always like an anime if she's an actor in it =).

Spoiler works from ep 12 onwards

Well although cal is voiced all nice and fancy, her role is virtually useless as far as ive seen. Shes just there to look pretty and make Zwei explain everything. So I dont think that her character is necessary in the storyline

I came to this conclusion but I also wanted my conclusion that Elen had something to do with Reiji's death to be feasible but the evidence doesn't point to this idea so I accepted that it was Inferno.

I kind of get bored of always having a happy ending so I quite liked this ending, although when seeing the actual scene I was downhearted that Mio Fujieda wouldn't see Reiji again and that Reiji & Elen couldn't enjoy there new life. Mio actually looks like Rin from Rideback to me.

Also I didn't like how cute Cal became adult Cal, Cal was the happiness in this series and also a source of comedy, and the quick what-if story in episode 25, I think, where it shows a scene of what-if Cal and Reiji found each other after the explosion depressed me, it was the saddest part for me of the whole series.

EDIT

Yeah everything I said was like a massive spoiler to the whole series. SO BE WARNED!!!

Yeah, it's really sad, but I'm so cold hearted that I didn't even shed a tear. lols Nah I was really tired but it was sad. I usually don't cry for any animes I have watched, lol.

I would like to ask you guys what do thing shall I watch Phantom on English Dub or Japn dub???

I agree with lemming the English voices suit the characters really well, I actually haven't tried listening to the Japanese voices since I like the English dub so much.

Yeah, it's really sad, but I'm so cold hearted that I didn't even shed a tear. lols Nah I was really tired but it was sad. I usually don't cry for any animes I have watched, lol.

Lol I'm actually the opposite I usually cry if the anime has a sad enough scene, or at least on the verge of crying. It started with Clannad that was just an emotional roller-coaster the whole way through and it influenced me for a couple of months after finishing it, but I've come to the conclusion I try to cry so that the scene is a more memorable moment for me.

I didn't cry in this one but the what-if was pretty sad, I actually thought the story from Elen & Reiji's new life episode was a dream and that the story would of carried on from him waking up but that would have spoilt the whole thing if that had been the case.

I just finished the series up. Although it was good, there were also plot holes that I could drive a truck through. Still, it was different, and so it was still entertaining. I gave it an 8/10, although it could have easily been better if they kept the story going in the way that the first arc was.

I really liked the ending, mainly because it was unexpected and it was a good way to finish up the show. Really, I still think that they shouldnt have included Cal in the anime at all, I liked the Black Lagoon vibe that the show gave off before they introduced her. But still, all in all I enjoyed it.

Also, why the heck did they change the OP and ED for the last 5/6 episodes??? I really liked the new ED, but it was still a bit sudden. Then again, I kinda liked how they added new songs every arc. Made it feel like each arc was completely different

I just finished the series up. Although it was good, there were also plot holes that I could drive a truck through. Still, it was different, and so it was still entertaining. I gave it an 8/10, although it could have easily been better if they kept the story going in the way that the first arc was.

I really liked the ending, mainly because it was unexpected and it was a good way to finish up the show. Really, I still think that they shouldnt have included Cal in the anime at all, I liked the Black Lagoon vibe that the show gave off before they introduced her. But still, all in all I enjoyed it.

Also, why the heck did they change the OP and ED for the last 5/6 episodes??? I really liked the new ED, but it was still a bit sudden. Then again, I kinda liked how they added new songs every arc. Made it feel like each arc was completely different

Hahaha nice spoilers lemming I fixed for you =)

Yeah, its a real shame about the ED. But if you think about it, most of the music for this anime really isnt that great and doesnt really suit it well.

I agree with Drumroll, I don't mind the soundtrack, sure there could have been a better one to go with it, but this soundtrack it has isn't horrible and some times I find it quite good.

Scores so far:

Anime: 8/10

Soundtrack: 6/10 or a 7/10 im undecided

Opening: 8/10

Ending: 3/10

I agree with Drumroll, I don't mind the soundtrack, sure there could have been a better one to go with it, but this soundtrack it has isn't horrible and some times I find it quite good.

Scores so far:

Anime: 8/10

Soundtrack: 6/10 or a 7/10 im undecided

Opening: 8/10

Ending: 3/10

The thing about this is that the soundtrack evolves and adds some bad and good songs. I would give the sound a 5/10

Also, please remember to send in suggestions for the next AotM. I can only pick good ones for so long. Please try to choose dual audio and available on Kametsu