AotM #3: Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

lemmingllama

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this one about a month ago so rewatched the ending to be sure.

I find the ending pretty good, for me it illustrates the fact that killers such as them can never have a normal life. I don't really see why Elen's situation is ambigious, it looks very much like a bullet going right at her at the very end. And I don't see the problem in the shooter shooting two bullets. And as said before they had accomplished their goals so had no real reason to live anymore. And I'm also a fan of sad endings, there are waaaay to many happy endings. For the ones dissapointed about the ending, would you have liked better a happy ending ? it would be contrary to the whole series' darkness.

So overall I really liked this series, even the ending, it's definately worth to be AotM.

Ah and I also need to find Rideback, it seems to be good.

PS : you can add jobonline's thread of an mp4 encode of Phantom to the first post.

I find the ending pretty good, for me it illustrates the fact that killers such as them can never have a normal life. I don't really see why Elen's situation is ambigious, it looks very much like a bullet going right at her at the very end. And I don't see the problem in the shooter shooting two bullets. And as said before they had accomplished their goals so had no real reason to live anymore. And I'm also a fan of sad endings, there are waaaay to many happy endings. For the ones dissapointed about the ending, would you have liked better a happy ending ? it would be contrary to the whole series' darkness.

Yep, about the ending I agree with you, but not on the Elen's part. I don't think so at all, but maybe. I think the ending was perfect.

I agree that the end was good. But theres other parts I dislike

Its all the inconsistencies inbetween arcs that pisses me off. They just assume that things happen a certain way without explaining it, then they throw in a time skip so people cant ask questions. I think that just by explaining how they can survive bullets and Cal's emotions be completely f**ked up before they start up with a bunch of these things... With just a couple tweaks, I could completely change the series just by covering some plot holes

Also, added job's thread to the original post

I agree that the end was good. But theres other parts I dislike

Its all the inconsistencies inbetween arcs that pisses me off. They just assume that things happen a certain way without explaining it, then they throw in a time skip so people cant ask questions. I think that just by explaining how they can survive bullets and Cal's emotions be completely f**ked up before they start up with a bunch of these things... With just a couple tweaks, I could completely change the series just by covering some plot holes

Also, added job's thread to the original post