Style Changer, Arcade, and Banner Rotations are back!

Koby

Well title says pretty much everything. Style Changer is back as usual and so is Banner Rotations.

Arcade is back but absolutely nothing has been done or changed about it yet. Figured what was the point in keeping it disabled when it'll be forever before I get around to working on it.

As for the other stuff.. Well we were only using like 110% of the server resources before, but I managed to get the server upgraded to near double so it'll be like 55% of our current server so hopefully we have room to grow and if the time comes we can also work on stuff again. Till then figured why not bring stuff back.

Yay, things! I like the rotating banners, but if it does cause any burden, I won't be too hurt to see it gone. I did not use the arcade much before except to play Tetris, so I'll take a look around there later.

If I may whine a little bit about the skins--and if it's something you can't control, by all means, disregard me. I wanted to switch to a darker theme because my eyes hate me, and while links inside of posts show up visibly different from the rest of the text (I vastly prefer the one that actually underlines the links), the words "SPOILER" and "SHOW" on the spoiler tags are almost impossible to see on both of the darker themes.

On some of the lighter themes, the colours for links are almost impossible to see, which makes me sad. I even turned off f.lux, risking eye bleeding to look into the face of the sun, to make sure it wasn't affecting things too much.

Otherwise, hopefully things will keep looking up and developing, haha.

Yay, things! I like the rotating banners, but if it does cause any burden, I won't be too hurt to see it gone. I did not use the arcade much before except to play Tetris, so I'll take a look around there later.

If I may whine a little bit about the skins--and if it's something you can't control, by all means, disregard me. I wanted to switch to a darker theme because my eyes hate me, and while links inside of posts show up visibly different from the rest of the text (I vastly prefer the one that actually underlines the links), the words "SPOILER" and "SHOW" on the spoiler tags are almost impossible to see on both of the darker themes.

On some of the lighter themes, the colours for links are almost impossible to see, which makes me sad. I even turned off f.lux, risking eye bleeding to look into the face of the sun, to make sure it wasn't affecting things too much.

Otherwise, hopefully things will keep looking up and developing, haha.

I see what you mean about the spoiler tag. I had edited it to fix it up but it seems the edit went to all skins and not just the skin I had fixed it for. I'll work on that soon.

As for the other issues... I have no problems distinguishing links from text on any of the skins I checked.

In the "All Around RPG" and "FMV7" skins, the links in posts are just barely different from regular text (a little greyer--FMV7 isn't AS bad, but...). In the "One Piece" skin, the links are virtually the same colour as the text until you hover over it and then it becomes underlined. The "Satellite" skin is perfect--the links are underlined and a discernibly different colour.

Here's a sample link to look at when switching skins.

ETA: "After Dark" skin with regards to links is also perfect.

ETA again: No chatbox on the index of "After Dark" or a link to it in the list of button links up top?

Awesome to see the changes/reboots & to hear that you restarted the Arcade again. Would you accept any banners for the rotation? I'm looking to practice my graphics work some more and would love to be of use to the forum.

Submit any banners you make in the Banner of the Month competition within the Contest sub-forum of the Graphics section.

horray for having my dark skin back! i keep forgetting to mention, could you do something about the spoiler boxes on the dark skin, the default text colour is practically the same as the spoiler box itself so i have to highlight the text to read it

apperently EO has already pointed it out, but the cb isn't accessable through the dark skin, unless i manually type in the url

• 3 weeks later...