The Paranormal

The Welsh Paddy

I myself do not believe in ghosts, since i've never experienced anything in my adulthood to suggest they exist. When I was a young pup, I use to see dark figures take shape in the shadow. I even work with the dead, and still I am not frightened of being alone, nor do I have nightmares of any form. I wish they did exist, would make life more interesting. But as far as the ghost hunter crap they show on television, complete nonsense.

I also can't wrap my head around the supernatural. I have always been more scientifically minded, and unless hard evidence can be presented I don't see my views changing. If you can tell me the reason why humans can figure out the weather conditions on Neptune, yet are mind-boggled on doors slamming shut I would love to know.

But as far as the ghost hunter crap they show on television, complete nonsense.

I couldn't agree more. :D

I myself am actually quite open minded to the concept. I mean, I've had a few experiences myself. When I was younger, I would stay at my uncle's house quite often, and things always vanished. I've lost money, two watches, a shoe, and some school textbooks, all on different occasions. Now I know from another person's perspective, you could easilly say "Oh, you probably just mislaid it" or "Someone probably hid it as a joke" or something, but I guess that unless you've experience what I'm talking about, then you won't really be able to grasp it. :P

On the other hand, I tend to take another person's "ghost story" with a pinch of salt. And I bloody DETEST those T.V "paranormal investigators", particularly the crew from a show called Most Haunted. They go round the U.K, visiting all these "haunted" places, which always seem to be creepy looking castles, hotels and theatres conveniently enough, and assume that just because a place is rich with history, then it's haunted. And it's always things like "Lady in white walking down the corridor", or "The ghost of the man who butchered so and so." Then you have their "medium", who friggin' makes a meal out of pretending to be possessed. It couldn't be any more obvious that he was pretending. And they always bring out an ouja board and try to contact these spirits.

I mean, if there are ghosts, poltergeists and spirits, I would have the utmost respect for them and just leave them be. I'm sure you'd get annoyed if someone kept bugging you when you wanted to be left alone.

If you can tell me the reason why humans can figure out the weather conditions on Neptune, yet are mind-boggled on doors slamming shut I would love to know.

People tend to be more fascinated by things that happen elsewhere than what happens right in front of them. :D I mean, people know more about outer space as opposed to our own ocean, for example.

People tend to be more fascinated by things that happen elsewhere than what happens right in front of them. :D I mean, people know more about outer space as opposed to our own ocean, for example.

Umm, We know a heck of a lot about the ocean... Considering we can't hold our breath for more than a few minutes underwater, we have been able to explore all but the very deepest depths (and we can't go down there because the pressure is so high that it crushes everything) though we still have a good idea of some of the creatures and the environment down there.

Human curiosity is not effected by distance at all. The fact that people are interested in things like Aliens and Ghosts make me believe people want to know about everything no matter what it is. I just think that if there was some way to prove ghosts exist, the greatest minds of our world would have figured out how to do it by now.

No i don't believe in ghosts i do believe one think they make fascinating stories

off-topic: I always find myself wondering if god exists why can't ghosts exist or why can't unnatural power exists

after all our earth was created just by a mear accident and how in the hell did the atmosphere got perfect

for life to evolve or maybe it's ll just a big big coincidence i'm just a Multicellular structure with some sense

in my brain if just a single main organ stops working i'm dead everything blanks out over nothing will happen

so that goes to everyone i'm not able to agree with myself.

does ghost exist or not????? :confuse::confuse::confuse:

I'm not exactly sure what I believe when it comes to the paranormal because I've had different experiences. I'm easily scared from that kinda stuff so everyone messes with me cause of it. Always trying to pop out from behind things or telling me ghost stories ;=; So I'd like to say that there might be a chance but there are to many fakes to ever be sure. I just know I'm not going to be a the one to call upon any ghost or demon because I wanted to test it.

Umm, We know a heck of a lot about the ocean... Considering we can't hold our breath for more than a few minutes underwater, we have been able to explore all but the very deepest depths (and we can't go down there because the pressure is so high that it crushes everything) though we still have a good idea of some of the creatures and the environment down there.

Human curiosity is not effected by distance at all. The fact that people are interested in things like Aliens and Ghosts make me believe people want to know about everything no matter what it is. I just think that if there was some way to prove ghosts exist, the greatest minds of our world would have figured out how to do it by now.

Okay, basically I was trying to get at the point that people are already focusing their attention of outer space and aliens and whatnot before we've even fully begun to understand our own planet. :D

But, there is no way of proving whether ghosts exist or not. Same way as no one can prove whether God exists or not, or if Aliens exist or not. Yet you get people who claim to have these experiences involving either of them. There's just too much that we don't know to be able to prove or disprove any of these.

With "ghosts", there's loads of strange phenomena that have occurred. Sure, there's been so many hoaxes, but the same goes for those who have "sighted Aliens" or "spoken to God".

I've kinda widened the subject a fair bit here because it just occurred to me that it's all classed as paranormal.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Ghost Hunters since it started airing; so for about seven years. And I know, a lot of people argue that TV shows are faked and whatnot. But I believe it. I know they sometimes exaggerate, but it's the fundamental elements that I believe in.

In November, I joined a paranormal investigation team. We've been on two investigations since; the first being a daytime investigation, where I didn't witness anything. Last Saturday, we revisited the house, this time at night. And I experienced so much, I still can't believe it. I'll always remember my first encounter. We were setting up equipment in the dining room, where we still had some lights on, and one of the other investigators called me over. She told me to look down the hallway, where the lights were off, and through the bedroom door. There I saw a face. What was so strange about it was that it wasn't in the bedroom, but just inside the doorframe. It felt almost like my eyes were having trouble adjusting. I could see the vague shape of eyes and a mouth, and the face appeared to be moving side to side. It stayed there for a couple minutes, then we decided we should get back to work and leave it be.

That was just the first experience. During the rest of the investigation, I heard footsteps not three feet away from me, saw shadows that slowly appeared until they took up half the room then disappeared, felt breath on my neck, and was touched on the back of my neck. It was crazy, especially for my first time out.

So from me, you'll get a resounding yes; I believe in the paranormal.

• 4 weeks later...