hFPZb.jpg
lELha.jpg
MdiZh.jpg
zzjpV.jpg
aiL4L.jpg
IGkCL.jpg

Edited by Shirσ
  • Like 1

Oh man I think I now know what love is *not really, but yeah I had saw this also on the 25th when they said they would reveal the trailer for GTA5 and it looks amazing. It's like they just cleaned everything from scratch and I like that they went back to Vice City and it looks better than ever before.

Now I just have to finish the episoes of Liberty City before his gets out. Do you know if they have announced a release date yet?

Where is this GTA based, does anyone know??

By the looks of it, it seems that they have returned to good old Vice City, the first GTA game I ever played fully.

Rockstar Games hasn't confirmed a release date yet but there are rumors that the release is 5-24-12 but I doubt it .

That's a pretty solid guess, it would be pretty sweet if they actually released it in 2012. I mean why would they show us the trailer just to release the game two to three years later.

By the looks of it, it seems that they have returned to good old Vice City, the first GTA game I ever played fully.

Where is this GTA based, does anyone know??

By the looks of it the game takes place in San Andreas I've noticed some vehicles with the San Andreas license plate. I also heard that they reintroduced the use of planes and jets:

33m7whw.png

By the looks of it the game takes place in San Andreas I've noticed some vehicles with the San Andreas license plate.

I believe you are right, if you look at the art style it resembles that of San Andreas, guess I was a bit high on something to think it was Vice City but who knows it could very well be another city guess will have to wait for more information.

As usual I can't say I'm all that bothered. The problem with all of Rockstar's launch trailers is they reveal pretty much nothing to be excited about. The only confirmed thing is that it's set in Los Santos, the rest is all rumour and speculation. I think I'll wait a bit until I get excited.

EDIT: I read through the rest of the thread and noticed there is still some speculation on where the game will be set. I would just like to share this press release by Rockstar.

'We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.'

There is no confirmation or denial as yet, though, as to whether Los Santos is the only city in game.

I'll be honest. I've never been a big fan of the GTA series. I've played Vice City, San Andres, III, and IV. However I've never really played them for their story. I mostly just run around banging prostitutes stealing cars and running from the law for fun while running over people and jumping ramps. With that said.. I'm not looking forward to the next installment or anything either as everything it will have to offer for what I'd play it for is already available in the installments I already own.

Looking forward to this, These days Rockstar seems to have improved at storytelling,(LA Noire, Red Dead etc) plus Gta4 was the only Gta other than chinatown wars and Vice city that had me interested in the story and characters and almost had an ending that didn't suck/feel rushed and wasn't satisfying(provided you take the money over revenge that is) Plus new more creative ways to beat up hookers would definitely be something to look forward to as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I play it for the story, but who can resist a good ol' fashion riot?

Ah yes the good old riots. There is always a new way and technique to go about mass slaughter but one of my personal favorites is either running over as many people with a bike and watch them fly into the air or rocket launcher bi-rage.

Can't bloody wait. In saying that, I've only ever finished Grand Theft Auto III to perfection. I got about halfway into Vice City (mission-wise), but for San Andreas and GTA IV I just get too distracted driving around, taking in the sights and destruction that seems to follow me everywhere I go. ;) Still, the games provide endless fun no matter how you play them. Grand Theft Auto IV looked insanely good, but I can just imagine how GTA V will push the limits much further. Bring it on, Rockstar.

• 2 weeks later...