Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Wait, Sony said it was a copyright infringement? What rights did Sony have to that video o.O'''?

@Coffee

There's even deeper problems with stopping time than I mentioned with the vacuums. If you assume that time has stopped on every level of physics then you wouldn't be able to see or hear anything. Light would no longer be moving to your eyes therefore your world would be dark. Sound travels as waves through the air which wouldn't move anymore. It's debatable whether you'd even be able to move the atoms in the air to breathe while time is stopped since if you think about a model where time is moving very very slowly you would have a hard time moving even small objects around since the acceleration you're trying to give it over even a small distance is huge (since you're basically moving near the speed of light at that point). Physicists don't know exactly what would happen if electrons stopped moving through their cloud, but you can bet that it will definitely skew the laws of physics. Even if all your molecules were still functioning the way they should, everything else would become dysfunctional. It wouldn't be guaranteed that solids would stay solid so you may just phase right through the earth. Then again, gravity might not be working either so you'd basically feel like you were trapped in a dark, silent, and empty void. If you were to start up time again all of a sudden you could well find yourself fused on a molecular level with some foreign object and die as a result.

It depends on which aspect of time we're talking about. If you mean actual physical aging of the universe, then all of this applies. If you just mean the human concept of time, then nothing would happen, except all of the clocks staying set on the same time until you restarted it.

@EO, I do read those weekly articles, and I love them oh so very much <3. He could probably go into a lot more detail than I can about the whole stopping time thing ^^.

@Coffee well then if you don't mind dying I guess it can't be helped *hands coffee the time stopping watch*

@Mal I'm specifically talking about the conception of time as being different depending on your frame of reference. So the "time stopping watch" would actually basically accelerate you up to 100% c (which is impossible but this is just a thought experiment :P). I'm also assuming that the "time stopping watch" has some way of doing that acceleration without actually causing you to have physical movement. If you think of gravity and acceleration as the same thing which is what Einstein I think did then you could imagine a system that messes with gravity and acceleration so you don't actually have to move to be in the speed of light frame of reference. So technically if physics kept working like it should in that frame you would be able to walk around normally. The problem is just that at that frame of reference physics doesn't just keep working normally and everything breaks down :P.

• Like 1

Today I start my lay-off. I told them to lay me off or I quit, because I have one month to empty out the house, clean it up, rewire it, put it back together, paint it and move in. I am doing this by myself so going to work is just not in the equation. If I start on Saturday I should be able to pull it off. Wish me luck.

Today I start my lay-off. I told them to lay me off or I quit, because I have one month to empty out the house, clean it up, rewire it, put it back together, paint it and move in. I am doing this by myself so going to work is just not in the equation. If I start on Saturday I should be able to pull it off. Wish me luck.

Depending on how bad the house is, you might be in for a lot of work. My question is... Do you have to have absolutely everything done before you can move in? Or could you, let's say, clean out the whole thing, rewire it, then put together part of it, move into that part, and then continue putting the rest together as you go?

Either way. Good luck.

Depending on how bad the house is, you might be in for a lot of work. My question is... Do you have to have absolutely everything done before you can move in? Or could you, let's say, clean out the whole thing, rewire it, then put together part of it, move into that part, and then continue putting the rest together as you go?

Either way. Good luck.

The house was bought in 1985 so there is a lot collecting over the years. There is also 27 years of nicotine I have to wash away before I can prime and paint and remove all the carpets but underneath is the original wood floors. They can be done later. I want to get as much as I can done before I move in. But if not It can be done little by little.

Either way. Good luck.

The house was bought in 1985 so there is a lot collecting over the years. There is also 27 years of nicotine I have to wash away before I can prime and paint and remove all the carpets but underneath is the original wood floors. They can be done later. I want to get as much as I can done before I move in. But if not It can be done little by little.

Washing away the 27 years of nicotine sounds kinda gross, I hope that's an easy process for you

Wiki seems to indicate there is a risk factor.

Nicotine easily penetrates the skin. [...] Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact.

Java's been sick lately. I also got pulled over yesterday because I guess the car's registration has been suspended for an overdue emissions test. Apparently the notice was shipped off to an old address--presumably to the last apartment we were at, since it'd be pretty hilarious if they sent it to the dorms. Hilarity ensued.

I also got pulled over yesterday because I guess the car's registration has been suspended for an overdue emissions test. Apparently the notice was shipped off to an old address--presumably to the last apartment we were at, since it'd be pretty hilarious if they sent it to the dorms. Hilarity ensued.

I hate the smog tests. We have them here in Cali every other year. I once had my license suspended because I forgot to reknew my tag. Got hit with driving on a suspended license and expired tag. Cost me more than President Shinra's Beach House for sure. :-P

Haha, well, I only got a warning, so I've just been waiting for Java to feel better so we can go to the VEIP station. It was a little funny though because obviously I had a friend with me (how hilariously illegal it would have been if I were driving alone for some reason) and after the cop walked away with my license and registration, I told him I was confused because I thought I was getting pulled over for speeding, even though I was keeping pace with traffic (I tend to drive on the slow side, all things considered). He laughed and said he thought the same thing.

"It was the first thing I did--look around to see if you were speeding somehow."

Just a little fussed because we were right around the corner from our destination.

ETA: On a highly unrelated note, I ran into this little gem on Tumblr.

I HAVE RED IN MY LEDGER

CAN THIS BE A NEW WAY OF ASKING DISCRETELY FOR A TAMPON?

Dying.

tumblr_m9gcuvmluS1qzckow.gif

Edited by Emotional Outlet